Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

suspend/resume on T23 with IBM EtherJet cardbus?

OS/2 on ThinkPads
David Cull

suspend/resume on T23 with IBM EtherJet cardbus?

#1 Post by David Cull » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:39 pm

A recent lightning strike on the house wiped out my T23's miniPCI Ether net card and I had to find a PCMCIA replacement. The one I found is an IBM EtherJet Cardbus model. At first it crashed the system with a Trap d every time it went into the slot. Then i found and downloaded pccarden.zip, installed it and found in the readme that this card is a 'point enabler' (whatever that means) and one of the slots has to be removed from the card director's control by attaching a protocol to IBM2SS14.sys for it to work.
Now there is an ethernet connection to the ADSL modem/router again, but unfortunately suspend/resume doesn't work. If I close the DHCP lease and remove the card its possible to suspend the machine, but after resuming, DHCP can't establish a new lease.
Any suggestions of what to do or where to look for assistance much appreciated
dc

BigWarpGuy

OS/2 World

#2 Post by BigWarpGuy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:01 am

http://www.os2world.com
A very helpful forum there. 8)
BigGoofyGuy 8)
http://www.biggoofyguy.com
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

http://www.cafepress.com/tomleem

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

3266fast

Re: suspend/resume on T23 with IBM EtherJet cardbus?

#3 Post by 3266fast » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:10 pm

David Cull wrote:A recent lightning strike on the house wiped out my T23's miniPCI Ether net card and I had to find a PCMCIA replacement. The one I found is an IBM EtherJet Cardbus model. At first it crashed the system with a Trap d every time it went into the slot. Then i found and downloaded pccarden.zip, installed it and found in the readme that this card is a 'point enabler' (whatever that means) and one of the slots has to be removed from the card director's control by attaching a protocol to IBM2SS14.sys for it to work.
Now there is an ethernet connection to the ADSL modem/router again, but unfortunately suspend/resume doesn't work. If I close the DHCP lease and remove the card its possible to suspend the machine, but after resuming, DHCP can't establish a new lease.
Any suggestions of what to do or where to look for assistance much appreciated
dc
Almost all ndis drivers does not support suspend/resume fully.
Some drivers does not support it at all - hangs or pervent system to go in suspend state.
[W700 Q9000 WUXGA][X61t SXGA+][T61 WSXGA+][T61 WSXGA][X60t][T60p UXGA][T60 SXGA+][Z61p WUXGA][Z61m WSXGA+][R60e UXGA FV][Z60t] [T43 SXGA+ FV][T43 SXGA+][X41t][X41][T42p UXGA][T41 SXGA+][T40 SXGA+] [A31p 2.4 UXGA][A22p UXGA][A20p SXGA+][600E 400MHz 544MB][720C SLC2-50 MCA]