thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:39 pm 

A recent lightning strike on the house wiped out my T23's miniPCI Ether net card and I had to find a PCMCIA replacement. The one I found is an IBM EtherJet Cardbus model. At first it crashed the system with a Trap d every time it went into the slot. Then i found and downloaded pccarden.zip, installed it and found in the readme that this card is a 'point enabler' (whatever that means) and one of the slots has to be removed from the card director's control by attaching a protocol to IBM2SS14.sys for it to work.
Now there is an ethernet connection to the ADSL modem/router again, but unfortunately suspend/resume doesn't work. If I close the DHCP lease and remove the card its possible to suspend the machine, but after resuming, DHCP can't establish a new lease.
Any suggestions of what to do or where to look for assistance much appreciated
dc

Post subject: OS/2 World
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:01 am 

http://www.os2world.com
A very helpful forum there. 8)

OS/2-eCS.Org - OS/2 World
http://www.os2ecs.org - http://www.os2world.com
'supporting past OS/2 users and future eCS users.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:10 pm 

David Cull wrote:
A recent lightning strike on the house wiped out my T23's miniPCI Ether net card and I had to find a PCMCIA replacement. The one I found is an IBM EtherJet Cardbus model. At first it crashed the system with a Trap d every time it went into the slot. Then i found and downloaded pccarden.zip, installed it and found in the readme that this card is a 'point enabler' (whatever that means) and one of the slots has to be removed from the card director's control by attaching a protocol to IBM2SS14.sys for it to work.
Now there is an ethernet connection to the ADSL modem/router again, but unfortunately suspend/resume doesn't work. If I close the DHCP lease and remove the card its possible to suspend the machine, but after resuming, DHCP can't establish a new lease.
Any suggestions of what to do or where to look for assistance much appreciated
dc

Almost all ndis drivers does not support suspend/resume fully.
Some drivers does not support it at all - hangs or pervent system to go in suspend state.

[W700 Q9000 WUXGA][X61t SXGA+][T61 WSXGA+][T61 WSXGA][X60t][T60p UXGA][T60 SXGA+][Z61p WUXGA][Z61m WSXGA+][R60e UXGA FV][Z60t] [T43 SXGA+ FV][T43 SXGA+][X41t][X41][T42p UXGA][T41 SXGA+][T40 SXGA+] [A31p 2.4 UXGA][A22p UXGA][A20p SXGA+][600E 400MHz 544MB][720C SLC2-50 MCA]