Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: T60p 2007 YS3 w/Boe Hydis UXGA PRICE LOWERED!

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
CanadianDude
Sophomore Member

FS: T60p 2007 YS3 w/Boe Hydis UXGA PRICE LOWERED!

#1 Post by CanadianDude » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 am

I am selling the model titled. There are several pros and cons to this unit so please read carefully. I will try to describe it in as much detail as possible. Full disclosure is my goal, so that there are no surprises on the buyer’s end. So please PM me with any questions/concerns you may have. I have dozens of high resolution pictures available on request that I can email.

Basic Specs:
T7600, 2GB Ram, Intel wireless ABG, CD/DVD optical drive, FireGL 5250, 9 cell batt., MINT Boe Hydis UXGA LCD panel, 250gb hard drive, caddy+cover.

Let me start by saying that the unit works flawlessly. I’ve been using it for a couple weeks and it’s been running beautifully.

I originally bought this unit with the intention of putting in a T61 board to make myself my own “Frankenpad.” Unfortunately, the T61 board I bought did not work, and I gave up on the board swap altogether.

This T60p was torn down to the bare metal frame, following the Thinkpad HMM. Upon finding out that the T61 board did not work – I put back the original board, and put it back together again.

I also replaced the original SXGA IPS panel with a brand new Boe Hydis UXGA panel that I bought from forum member RealBlackStuff. This is a brand new panel. Here is the link to the FS thread http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.ph ... s+flexview, and you can read about the panel. Needless to say, the LCD speaks for itself. I also installed a T61 heat sink assembly which I find to be quieter than the original T60 assembly.

The 2 major defects with the unit have to do with the magnesium frame. First, there is no modem card because in order to accommodate the T61 board, I had to cut off the part of the frame where one of the modem card’s screws would secure into. Second, I accidentally cracked the frame just above the fan vent on the left side. The frame is very thin here, and I’m not exactly sure what happened as I noticed it after the fact. Sometimes when opening the lid there is an audible click from this area which is caused by the crack. However, this does not affect function and the unit still feels just as sturdy. I considered getting a new frame but I just don’t have the energy or time to pull it apart again.

Cosmetically, the computer is in excellent condition. Could pass as brand new. No keyboard shine, no scratches, blemishes or residue. Clean clean clean.

It is a complete unit with genuine Lenovo 9 cell battery (60% health, red), genuine power adapter, and a 250 GB hard drive. There is a XP Pro COA on the bottom.

I’m asking $325 shipped to Canada and USA.

Again, please feel free to PM with questions/concerns. Thanks for looking!