thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
www.thinkpads.com is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:18 pm 

I'm an returning buyer.
As stated in topic I need (one) another small rigid moblie work machine a ~12" 4:3 sxga+ laptop.
My last supplier from this forum is sold out and not responding...

To be accurate i'm interested in buying modified laptop x61s and NOT the TABLET version x61t.
Preferably with an Low Volage CPU LV or even T9300, WWAN antenna attached and Fingerprint reader with Embedded Security Subsystem.
I've got 8GB of RAM and my own SSD drive so those can be excluded from offer.

No skills nor time to DIY so I'm looking for a confident ready-made solution from a forun colleague that knows what He's doing.

I bought two of those while back ago and have no idea how much are those worth on the market today so I'm awaiting offers.

Last edited by bixm on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 am 
Freshman Member

The Low voltage CPU is utter crap with the small fan. go for the bigger, and lasts way longer. it's really worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:37 am 
Freshman Member

I have one which I love. What are you offering?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:40 am 

Thanks for the tip raket. I was thinking on running as long as possible on battery.
I use this laptop as a work machine in travel - mostly programming or minor CAD/CAE design so I always thought of it more like for mobile use over performance.

I would never thought that CPU could be 75% of the time in deep sleep mode and the numbers did not look right.
t9300 Minimum/Maximum power dissipation 3.92 W (Enhanced Deeper Sleep mode) / 53.89 W TDP-35 W
l7500 Minimum/Maximum power dissipation 3.3 W (Enhanced Deeper Sleep mode) / 27.6 W TDP-17 W
And the rest of the work will be done faster paradoxically maintaining battery life improving overall experience.
But hey, saw the running time charts and I'm open to offers even for a t9300 like here(sorry for the direct link):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140792595752

My bigger compilations were done on a mainframe, but smaller did took up some time. With CAD/CAE the X3100 and drivers w/ HWaccel did the job. Never felt the rush for more power but when I can enhance a nerly 7 year old X addiction I definitely say bring it on.
So my thinking is I'll sell mine to friend by whom all of this fuzz is about and buy me some more powerfull tool :).
The LV req just dropped down.

ctoph0 PM sent.

Last edited by bixm on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 am 
Freshman Member

bixm wrote:
ctoph0 PW sent.

never got it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 am 
Freshman Member

now that they are relatively cheap, you should definitely go for a T8x00 or T9x00 processor. The penryn chips should run not only faster but cooler as well. The x61 is IMO the pinnacle of thinkpad ultraportable design. The pencil thin bezel, big 4:3 screen, solid as a rock, and great battery life. Time has also helped, with the middelton bios unlocking all of its potential, and 8gb ram capable (albeit DDR2). The only downsides were the resolution and TN panel (and the griddle that is the right palm rest). If you could get a T9300 w/ SXGA+ IPS and 8gb ram, you would have a serious beast that would easily surpass the de facto standard for best ultraportable, the X201s.

My X201s is incredible, but the screen definitely leaves something to be desired... good luck!

Me: X201s
Mom: T60p
Dad: X31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:40 pm 

BUMP!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 pm 
Sophomore Member

ctoph0 wrote:
I have one which I love. What are you offering?

How much does it weigh?