Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

FS: Thinkpad W530 with 1vyrain bios, Nvidia K2000M, 32GB RAM, 1080p, FHD panel, docking station, 256GB mSATA

Use this Forum for the ThinkPad hardware you have for sale or want to buy.
Sorry, no commercial sellers allowed here without asking Bill
danceswithrage

FS: Thinkpad W530 with 1vyrain bios, Nvidia K2000M, 32GB RAM, 1080p, FHD panel, docking station, 256GB mSATA

#1 Post by danceswithrage » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:26 pm

First time posting a listing on here. Hopefully it all looks good to the mods! :)

Looking to sell off my Thinkpad w530! It has served me well for a number of years. This was my main machine used as a desktop PC through the docking station! As I now have an actual tower PC I no longer need this setup.

The bios on this have been modified with 1vyrain! This opens up many more options available in the bios settings including disabling Intel's vulnerable Management Engine!

I am looking to sell this setup for $200 USD plus $10 for Priority shipping within the CONUS.

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3840qm
GPU: Nvidia K2000M 2GB
RAM: DDR3 32GB 1866mhz
256GB mSATA SSD
DVD Burner
15.6" FHD Panel (AUO B156HTN01.1)

Screen shows some light marks from the keyboard. Not noticeable during normal use. No dead pixels spotted.
RAM sticks have been tested with Memtest86+ and passed with no errors.
Nvidia GPU has been tested with FurMark3D and has passed with no glitches or artifacts.
One of the door latch "hooks" is missing, other wise the laptop can still close shut.

Docking Station is the Thinkpad Mini Series 3 Type 4338. This is the one with a USB 3.0 port instead of the eSata that's more commonly found. Comes with original keys. Also comes with a Genuine Lenovo 170w power adapter.
I have removed the rail guide on the docking station to allow better airflow through the laptop. For details on the mod watch this : https://youtu.be/2angKd8ezyQ?si=axO419kXsXLSzyPb

I have created a photo album with detailed pics of the w530 with the Docking Station. If you have any questions shoot me a DM!

https://ibb.co/album/cwfcc5