Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Rant about 16:9, and maybe switching back to X60t from T520

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
bill bolton
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Rant about 16:9, and maybe switching back to X60t from T520

#91 Post by bill bolton » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 pm

E350 wrote:some manufacturer will re-discover the pent up demand
Market analytics nowadays are very fine grained - if there was truly a commercially sustainable market behind your pent up demand, it would be serviced by someone :??:

Cheers,

Bill

systemBuilder
Sophomore Member

#92 Post by systemBuilder » Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

a 14" screen in HD aspect ratio has 15% less physical real estate than a 14.1" 4:3 screen.
a 15.6" screen in HD aspect ratio has 12% less physical real estate than a 15" 4:3 screen.

You have been ripped off if you like your HD screen, and you don't even know it !!
=======================
Lots of thinkpads (10+) but I would never be so stupid as to list them all because that would spam everybody's searches and people who *do* try to list them all would be jerks.

phr
Sophomore Member

#93 Post by phr » Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 am

It's not just the screen area, the screen height is smaller with the "wide" screens.

I'm kind ot tempted to get a Chromebook Pixel. It's 3:2 screen seems great. Main thing I don't like about it is non-expandability of the SSD (can't use an mSATA SSD) and absence of USB 3.0. They really want you to store all your files on Google Drive so they can dig through the contents for marketing purposes. I don't mind that part since I'd trash the Chrome OS immediately and run vanilla Linux, and ignore Google Drive.