Hi, I'm a noob and I'm behind of current technology. My only computer is a T60 (Intel Core 2 @ 2.00GHz, 1.5 RAM, 100GB HDD). My screen died and a couple of fuses might be burnt on the motherboard. I'm still using the T60 and want to get it running, but in the meantime, I want to switch over to the X220T. I like the options on the X230T, but I'm not to sure about the keyboard just yet. Anyway, I need advice about what's a good configuration. By the way, I'm not a power user (I'm not an engineer, gamer nor programmer), but a heavy user (a lot of word processing, running the machine for long periods of time). Here's what I want so far:
1. Processor: i7, because I can't manually exchange processors on my own.
2. RAM: 4 GB, I will add another 4GB, but will that void the Lenovo warranty?
3. Finger Printer Reader & Camera: Yes to both.
4. Hard drive: This is where I'm indecisive and I have several options.
A. Get 320GB HDD, then get a 3rd party 240 or 256GB SSD for less $, but will it be compatible and/or will it void out the warranty? Plus it's a pain for me to reinstall everything.
B. Get the 160GB SSD and add a mSATA SSD, possible 60 or 80GB (is that even possible?). Would the mSATA SSD be devoted to Windows 7 OS files?
C. Or is there another option that I missed?
5. Wifi LAN: Okay, I have absolutely no idea what to get, either ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n, Intel Wifi Link 1000, or Intel Centrino 6205 AGN. I have no idea.
6. WWAN: I really don't see myself using this.
7. Warranty upgrade: Of course, 2 year base extension please.
I think that's it. Thanks!