Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

QUESTION Looking for a powerful mobile workstation

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
fabious

QUESTION Looking for a powerful mobile workstation

#1 Post by fabious » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello everyone, (sorry for my english... :| )
I am desperately looking for a portable workstation that accompany me in the next 3-4 years.
What I state for use Purpose Personal macbook pro 2011... I want switch to PC windows (10).
What month are looking on the net trying to figure it and now is the moment to ask you, certainly more experts than me ...
I list a moment of what I need: a mobile workstation (also a brick is fine to speak of no more than 3 cm thick) possibly 15", with Which Creation and graphic and photo editing (full package adobe > ADVANCED), animation (After Effects, C4D and in the future Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, etc. > BASIC) and rate video editing "all the days" (FullHD and 4K > INTERMEDIATE) + color correction, etc., ...
What I state title of Business so I dont use it for fun and gaming.
During my research I am focused on a couple of notebooks They are going out to THESE days (already That I rate The expenditure will take one of those new processors Skylake> Maybe Xeon??? Even though I do not understand the difference between xeon and QuadCore i7?!? Does anyone know why there are the same number of cores? What the difference? <and Nvidia Quadro and possibly Screen 4K).

Notebooks on What I have dwelt Following are the hope and pass replace at least in part of a desktop view of the need for mobility to Which unfortunately are tied:
- Lenovo ThinkPad p50> Xeon 1505M e3 or i7 6820hq> NVIDIAQuadro M2000M
- p70 > a bit cumbersome because I owe Carrying around all day, and is much expensive
- In THESE days outputs the news of Lenovo ThinkPad p40 yoga, release in January (Skylake i7, Nvidia Quadro m500, with Screen QWHD and astonishing pressures of Wacom pen to 2048). > What would be the PERFECT ONE for my graphic work (because otherwise I should accompany One screen with pen or graphics tablet to a surface pro or a wacom cintiq display To Other PC) but I do not know if he is powerful enough to withstand EDITING & COLOR 4K VIDEO and little bit of 3D modeling + Animations ??? The Nvidia quadro M500 and 16gb RAM is enough for my projects? (if I take this laptop then we should assist one external 4K monitor otherwise it makes no sense shoots video for this resolution then editing-paint it on a QWHD ...).

Which is better choise for you?

Thank you in advance All

PS: i dont have put the lenovo P50s in my list because for my needs does not make sense, is just a little bit smaller that the P50 and has only 3K display and limited graphic's card (in comparison to P50), kind of that i like much the p40 yoga (because had something better > display pen support). With the P50s i still have a external 4K monitor too...

Thankyou!!! :D