Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

messed up 'mouse'

Performance, hardware, software, general buying and gaming discussion..
Paul Unger

messed up 'mouse'

#1 Post by Paul Unger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I put my T61 to sleep (Fn+F4) and when I woke it up my 'mouse' was messed up. I have hibernated two times since then. Here's what changed (at least what I've been able to figure out so far... ):
1. middle button scrolling changed from the rectangle, responsive, up/down scroll to the circle target, lag affected, multi-direction scroll
2. track point motion is laboriously slow
3. virtual scrolling on the touch pad is gone (and I could not enable it in Mouse > Ultra Nav > ... disregard--when I tried earlier I could not, but when I just went to be able to describe where I found it, it was enabled. Don't know how that happened because when I tried to select the checkboxes earlier nothing happened)

OK, and now I just tried middle button scrolling and it's back to 'normal'. What the h e double hockey sticks is going on?! :evil: Track point motion is still very slow, but the other things have returned to normal. I don't get it, but I'm still going to post this in case anyone has a clue.
X230 2324-HW5 3.3GHz (i5), W7 (64)
T430s 2352-CTO 2.60GHz (i5), W7 (64)
X201 3249-CTO 2.53GHz (i5), W7 (64)
T42 2373-3UU 1.7GHz (PM), XP SP3 / Ubuntu 9.04
T42 2373-4TU 1.7GHz (PM), XP SP3