first thanks for your effort to help.
second, I should have searched more in depth !
Problem solved :
- Opportunity to quicly and easily change from WPA to WPA2 was given with my mobile phone used as a Wifi router.
- I got confirmation that WPA and WPA2 are supported by this adapter, so George you were right.
- Comparing setting with ADSL router (SpeedTouch 780) I realized that the only main difference between the Android Wifi phone settings and the ADSL router ones was the channel number, which i had manually forced to 13 (by myself, but long time ago to use a non saturated frequency).
- I changed configuration to a lower channel and yes I got it work (open and secured)
- But, as I'm very curious and wantred to keep advantage of channel 13 frequency, I had idea to modify the parameter "Extended Channel Mode" in the Artheos adapter from "Disable(for N America)" to "Enable", it was the solution.
Explanation is there : http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/w ... dwidth.php
see WLAN / WIFI Channel availability table :channel 12 and 13 are not open to North America.
Far away from me it could be so evident.