thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
  Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
Our oldest longest advertiser of parts for ThinkPads
Goodbye Lorita, wherever you've gone..

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two

It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 12:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: My collection
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 pm 

Hello! I'm new here. I bought my first ThinkPad T23 yesterday and i loved it! I read very much good opinions about these computers and everything was true! Probably i will buy a T43 in the near future. So, here is my collection:
From left: Siemens-Nixdorf PCD-4ND with german windows 95, IBM ThinkPad T23, Nokia 9300i and in front of notebook's Samsung i900 Omnia and HTC P3300.
I hope my english is good enough...

Post subject: Re: My collection
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:35 am 

Welcome to the forum! The T23 is a classic in terms of Thinkpad design and quality. I like the desktop you're using on it too. I had the same one for quite some time on my since retired T42p.

Post subject: Re: My collection
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:04 am 

The bezel of the T23 is so thin, it looks very nice. Full size keyboard and a perfect display size ratio.

The mechanical siemens trackpoint reminds me of good old times. The newest lenovo tablet has also a trackpoint like this, but this new trackpoint is optical, not mechanical. Like the iPod where the first edition had the real rolling wheel where the next generation only had a touchwheel.

You see the big difference in generations between both notebooks. You could put the newest thinkpads in this bezel to actual notebook size line where the smaller the bezel the better: First Siemens > actual widescreen notebooks > T23 looks the best:)