Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Quick(ish) Question about Lenovo Customer Service

IBM or Lenovo Desktops, Workstations, ThinkStations, etc. Recent vintage, hardware/software..
ioScream

Quick(ish) Question about Lenovo Customer Service

#1 Post by ioScream » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Our company is looking to buy a lot of new systems, and I've been tasked to choice these systems. I've dealt with HP and Dell primarily, and have been satisfied with their product and customer service. However, Lenovo seems to have some systems spec'd to our needs for a better price and a 3 year warranty. My questions are:

What's the turnover rate on an RMA?

Has anyone been successful in getting them to send the replacement PRIOR to them receiving the RMA'd equipment (I've been able to do this with Dell and Intel with a CC secured)?

Where are there shipping centers? Am I going to have wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Hong Kong?

Is their customer service hard to deal with? How about as a tech?

Is their 3 year warranty too good to be true?

The reason why I came here for these questions is because it's easy to search the internet and find horror stories from EVERY major company. Personally, I've had Dell call me back 3 times after they resolved an issue just to make sure the issue was resolved, but if I search for any reviews I'm going to find a plethora of negative comments. In fact, I was led to this forum for that very reason. Most people post when they have a negative experience, not when they get the service they feel they should get.

Sorry, for the long post, and if you feel like this don't belong in this forum.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out.

ioScream

Re: Quick(ish) Question about Lenovo Customer Service

#2 Post by ioScream » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I know I'm probably asking a bit much.. but even just a brief commentary on your experiences would be appreciated.