Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Intellistation Z Pro Rack Kit

IBM or Lenovo Desktops, Workstations, ThinkStations, etc. Recent vintage, hardware/software..
kc7gr
Freshman Member

Intellistation Z Pro Rack Kit

#1 Post by kc7gr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 am

Fellow IBM fanciers,

I have learned there is a tower-to-rack conversion kit for the Intellistation Z Pro series, IBM part 13N2455.

Some initial searching has turned up very little on availability or price of this particular beastie. Has anyone ever actually seen one? Or perhaps has a spare they'd consider parting with?

Thanks much.
---
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies
T500 with Windows 7 Pro x64, Webcam, Atheros/IBM a/b/g Wireless card. Thinkstation E31, Intellistations M Pro and Z Pro.
"Quid Malmborg in Plano" (Firesign Theater)

RobertJohnB

Re: Intellistation Z Pro Rack Kit

#2 Post by RobertJohnB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Another part number is: Tower to Rack Conversion Kit (09N4300)

If your Z-Pro is the same case (I believe it is) as the 6850 IntelliStation M-Pro, another part number you could look for is 09N4300, but please do not hold me to it. From the description given, the kit turned the IntelliStation on its side and added brackets to screw it into a rack mount.

Unless you have several of them, the question is why?

Best bet for finding them is to go to a smaller university and check their computer science department. They may be getting rid of the older IntelliStations for newer servers. There is a Tower to Rack Conversion Kit (09N4300) for a prohibitive cost (as well as being located in Hungary) on eBay.
Health Warning:
These posts may contain traces of nut ‹(•¿•)›
Frugal (nicer word than cheap)
Pack rat (hate to throw anything away)
ThinkPad 600x (Model 2646-8EU)

kc7gr
Freshman Member

Re: Intellistation Z Pro Rack Kit

#3 Post by kc7gr » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 am

The 'why' is easy. I have a small 3-foot high rack under my desk. It holds my current system (custom-built AMD, 4U rack case), a UPS, and a KVM switch. The Intellistation would make a nice fit.

Thanks much. I'll poke around for the kit some more.
---
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies
T500 with Windows 7 Pro x64, Webcam, Atheros/IBM a/b/g Wireless card. Thinkstation E31, Intellistations M Pro and Z Pro.
"Quid Malmborg in Plano" (Firesign Theater)