thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:00 pm 

I have acquired a ThinkCentre M55p (2007-D1U) off Craigslist. I now have it at 3GB RAM, a new DVD burner because the original combo drive croaked, and found a used (also Craigslist) GeForce 8600GT 256MB video card to try my hand at. I am running Windows XP pro from the original 80GB hard drive. The video card is used so I spent $30 gambling that it will work, but what the heck-I cannot afford a new desktop right now and this fit my budget.
I bought this particular video card because it has been mentioned in the forum and I found what I thought was a good deal on it locally. After looking at the BIOS settings for the integrated video I thought I would ask if another forum member who has added a video card could look at their settings in BIOS and tell me what to try setting mine to? and should I change the settings/save/power down without booting into Windows, put the new card in, then reboot, or am I missing a step?
I have replaced video cards on two Dell desktops but have not had to change anything in BIOS for either event.
thanks for your feedback-this forum is the best!

T23 2648,T600E-gone away