Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkcentre M57p 9088A35 power saving issue

IBM or Lenovo Desktops, Workstations, ThinkStations, etc. Recent vintage, hardware/software..
sbjoe
Freshman Member

Thinkcentre M57p 9088A35 power saving issue

#1 Post by sbjoe » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am

Newly acquired, xp, sp3, all updates from ms applied. Latest T-vantage toolbox installed and hardware scan is unrevealing. Symptom is that when monitor turns off as specified in the power scheme I can't get it to come back on. Keyboard remains functional so I'm able to shut down or restart normally which restores the monitor to normal function. I've temporarily set the monitor to never turn off but it'd be nice to not have to resort permanently to that workaround. I haven't been able to find any settings in display properties that address this either. Any clues?
Thx, -joe T42p (T2373C96); T60p (T8743FKE5)

sbjoe
Freshman Member

Re: Thinkcentre M57p 9088A35 power saving issue

#2 Post by sbjoe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

Turns out the onboard display adaptor is defective. After discovering that the issue only surfaced after changing resolution to higher than 800x600 I plugged a spare graphics card in and the issue was immediately resolved. I've got an RMA and am waiting for a replacement at the moment.
Thx, -joe T42p (T2373C96); T60p (T8743FKE5)