Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

NHC 2 is out!

Forum for scripts, utilities like TPFanControl, IBM-ECW, 2-finger scrolling, etc.
skanky

Re: NHC 2 is out!

#151 Post by skanky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm

got nhc 2 (pre06) working on my t60 with windows 7 (32bit), i had paid to register it and it registers fine with that version.

however if i try the latest version (2.4.3) it first says i need to run as an admin (i log in as a standard user usually), so fine, it automatically quits and prompts me to run as admin, which i do then it restarts the program.

however this time when entering my details, it hangs like a chimpanzee after i enter my details in and click OK. i can replicate this by right clicking on nhc.exe and running as admin.

anyone else get this?

edit: got round it in a ridiculous way, install pre06, registered it then uninstalled it. it asked me if i wanted to keep the reg info, said yes and noticed there was a nhc.dat file left over, backed that up and installed 2.4.3 and its registered so that file must be the registration info file for me.

Johan
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

A new version of NHC is available...

#152 Post by Johan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 am

Just if of interest: The fine program " Notebook Hardware Control" is still being further developed, and support for new CPU's (e.g. Core 2 Duo's, both 32-bit and 64-bit) is being added. For an overview of the various downloads, see NHC Releases. ALso, notice the various official NHC forums and APCI archieves. Does anyboy know if a collection of (downloadable) APCI-files for ThinkPad's can be found somewhere??

I'd be very interested to hear if anybody have tried the latest (32-bit) versions on T60's, under either XP or Windows 7. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! :-)

Johan
IBM T42p's (2373-Q1U & -Q2U): 2.1 GHz, 15" UXGA FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB FireGL T2, 128 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate
IBM T42 (2373-N1G): 1.8 GHz, 15" SXGA+ FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 64 MB Radeon 9600, 64 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate