Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Script to quickly change battery charge thresholds?

Forum for scripts, utilities like TPFanControl, IBM-ECW, 2-finger scrolling, etc.
sayeo87

Script to quickly change battery charge thresholds?

#1 Post by sayeo87 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:59 am

I'm wondering if there's a way to script changing the battery charge thresholds in Power Manager. Specifically, I always switch between the "always fully charge" and "custom" options. I usually don't like to keep Power Manager open and having to open it and go through a few clicks each time to change these settings can be a little tedious.

LB_BlueVue

Re: Script to quickly change battery charge thresholds?

#2 Post by LB_BlueVue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:05 am

I too would love a quick way to toggle the thresholds. I travel for work on occasion, and I'd like to charge my batteries to 100% before taking a long flight, but the rest of the time, I would prefer my batteries were not constantly charged to the top. Anyone know where this information is stored? Registry?
T60p - 15.4" WSXGA+ - T7200 Core2 Duo - 3Gig/100Gig - Atheros a/b/g/n - XP Pro - TPfancontrol

Nick Y

Re: Script to quickly change battery charge thresholds?

#3 Post by Nick Y » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:31 am

Would a macro do it? Or perhaps try the (free) script utility I came across recently called Autohotkey, which you can find at http://www.autohotkey.com. There is a very useful forum attached with scripts of all kinds.

I hope that this is of some use to you.
IBM ThinkPad T43-2668-F5G,
T41p-2373-GEG & a T61-6466-9YG