thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
IBM & lenovo legacy model ThinkPad support files are available on thinkpads.com.
including Hardware Maintenance Manuals, latest or final driver updates and more.
at: thinkpads.com

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm 

.deal, at first. I know the obsolete T30 is a cheap unit, but I have heard people over and over talking about how great they are. I got an awsome deal on one, it had an extra stick of RAM the guy didn't know was under the keyboard, it was "no RAM", no HDD for parts... Got it for my kids, didn't need a power house. It now has 1 GB RAM, both sockets worked so I put 2 512's in and Windows 7 on it. It wasn't a problem at all, the boot order was set up so I put the DVD in and installed. Well, the Bios password didn't seem to be a problem, he never said it was locked btw, until I unknowing pulled the Bios battery to replace it and now I can't even boot the OS that I put on it. At the time I was using a friends Toshiba charger. I didn't want to wait for mine to come in the mail. I have mine, now. I still haven't got a battery because I don't want to loose anymore cash if I can't unlock the Bios. I don't want to blow my "budget build" by getting another motherboard. I of course gaagled the problem and all the answers seem to be lying about fixing it. Some say in can short the chip between 1 and 2 and it will fry it, that sounds bad! If anyone can help please do so. My kids would love to play with paint on this system for hours. I fell in love with these machines after I got myself a used T500.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 pm 
RBS10000
RBS10000

Check your PM

Check out The Board Room for:
- LED-mods for the 15" T60/R60/R61
- SATA-mods for any T43/R52 with ATI GPU
- other Services

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:30 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Bub
RBS is probably one of the most knowledgeable on T30's we have on the board. He can help you, let him.

Ron

X30 x 2
X31 x 2
T30 (down to one, the rest donated)
Z61t (my NEW primary)
Z61m (wife's new daily driver)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:23 am 

Thanks for the reassurance. I am definitely going to jronald.