Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thank you Heaven for this IBM ThinkPad T20 - but

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
GJCINO

Thank you Jesus Christ.

#31 Post by GJCINO » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:41 am

I am grateful to Jesus Christ! Through his grace, I have been able to have a second chance. This is my second time trying to fix the IBM Thinkpad T20 after coming into $50 or so. It took about 5 hours and a lot of heavy praying. However, it now works well.

I have been graced by The LORD to have invested in a Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat. Thank you Jesus Christ for my mom. She told me she works very hard and that I need to take good care of what I have instead of letting it break down all the time.

So I prayed hard that I do keep all I have in working order for the remainder of my life so I do not spend anymore money!

Anyways, it has been working well for less than 12 hours and all is well thanks to the grace of Jesus Christ.

If anyone is to work on a computer that is overheating and shutting down because of heating issues, then a short term and long term fix would be a cooling fan. I would recommend the one mentioned because it is working for me. However, BestBuy does offer about 1 to 2 weeks return customer satisfaction policy. The one I got goes for $29.99 plus tax. $32.46 total!!!

hehe

Well, the case is finally solved. I invested in a cooling fan instead of messing too much with the chip coating. Investing in the chip coating was too messy the first time and I just do not have the talent to apply all the thermal cooling paste. I needed something simple!

GJCINO

Remember to thank God of all hosts hehe

#32 Post by GJCINO » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 am

Well, I have to give thanks and praise to God of all hosts for making everything go good for me from now on and lasting forever.

Please know that the cooling fans are only part of the solution.
Like someone once said, thermal paste is also important it seems.
I am not the technical expert.
So I do not know for sure.

I do have to confess that this is a laptop that has been reseated CPU.
What I mean by this is that the CPU has old thermal paste on and reused.

It still works by The LORD of all hosts mercy.

Anyways, if you are in hot weather do not expect this laptop fan to perform miracles. hehe

However, it just might. hehe

I just play it safe and try to keep it under 95F vent temperatures.

I have this clock that has a temp sensor on it.
When the air coming out of the IBM Thinkpad T20 vent hits it, it updates periodically.

Anyways, good luck. and Thanks for letting me rant and rave on my final victory after all these times.

It took much grace, however, it seems the old Romeo and Juliette saying goes here............"If it is meant to be, then no amount of obstacles can stop you!! If it is not meant to be, then no amount of effort you put into it can bring it to you? However, if you are nice to God and pray for forgiveness of all your stubborness going against obeying all Ten Commandments and helping the poor, then The LORD of all hosts just might have mercy on you and let you pass through the eye of the needle. hehe"

GJCINO

I GIVE ALL GLORY TO LORD OF ALL HOSTS!

#33 Post by GJCINO » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:11 am

Today, July 23, 2013 1:57AM CST Houston, TX 77040. I give complete credit to LORD of all hosts. He has made my IBM Thinkpad T20 work somehow. Even though I used old thermal paste, it is not overheating. Thank you LORD of all hosts forever forward without gap that nothing good in my life ever breaks down anymore! hehe You made me get out of trouble all the time except for 3 times in the past when I was bad.

Anyways, I give credit to LORD of all hosts for giving me this most powerful Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat that connects to a USB port. I could have used the laptop USB power, however, I wanted to save it because it only has one port. So, I just use one USB port from an adapter that plugs into the outlet.

The Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat has been graced by The LORD of all hosts to reduce temperatures as long as it is combined with air-conditioner. I have my air-conditioner set to 69F. The IBM Thinkpad T20 currently pushes warm air out of its vent and hitting the thermometer which reads it at 82.7F! It never gets higher than 95F.

If it gets higher than 95F then it must be shut down now!!
hehe

Anyways, through the grace of The LORD of all hosts, all I have is desirable. The IBM Thinkpad T20 that my mother bought me for repair is working for like 8 hours now without being shut down. Even though I am stupid and know nothing, The LORD of all hosts graced me with good luck!

Thank you to my God! :)

GJCINO

Re: Thank you Heaven for this IBM ThinkPad T20 - but

#34 Post by GJCINO » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:30 am

Dear LORD of all hosts,

I ask this Targus Dual Fan Chill Mat of mine prevents all I have from breaking down again. All the good that is. As for the bad, I ask that it leaves me and never return.
Amen.

Therefore, from now on, I pray hehe

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Thank you Heaven for this IBM ThinkPad T20 - but

#35 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:57 am

You can pray all you want, but that Targus cooler is not going to stop your T20 from breaking down.
That machine MUST HAVE fresh thermal paste between CPU and fan.
Any brand of paste will do in your case.
It would be best also if you would get a T21 or T22 cooler.
See also this: http://www.motherboardpoint.com/ibm-t20 ... 35734.html
and this: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos ... rmal_paste
Ignoring the given advice in this thread by praying instead, is NOT going to help in any way.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine