Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

If someone's using XP/W2K and a T2x here...

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
tpprynn

If someone's using XP/W2K and a T2x here...

#1 Post by tpprynn » Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I just wanted to check something. Today I've fitted a new LCD back cover to my T22. It was a bit hairy for someone who wouldn't have opened up a laptop a few months ago but it has worked fine. I have XP on this laptop with the Windows Classic theme and there is about .75mm or 1/16" of black under the grey taskbar. This hopefully is normal, and given that the LCD screws in there isn't much room for fitting it back wrong. Is yours the same?

I will wriggle things about a bit if not. Probably nothing but I was ready for my handiwork to fry the laptop altogether and may have homed in on something unnecessarily - it's only now that I've noticed that my Windows 7 desktop has 1mm of black under its taskbar too.

('A bit hairy' but I quite enjoyed it, and wonder now whether I might have been able to save my last laptop by tinkering with eBay parts or whether these old Thinkpads are just very amenable to amateur repair. I can just imagine a boardroom meeting now at Acer and so on where they are devising ways to make bits of thin plastic forbiddingly overlap in such a way as to create the disposability of the products.)

Thanks.