thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:15 pm 

I just wanted to check something. Today I've fitted a new LCD back cover to my T22. It was a bit hairy for someone who wouldn't have opened up a laptop a few months ago but it has worked fine. I have XP on this laptop with the Windows Classic theme and there is about .75mm or 1/16" of black under the grey taskbar. This hopefully is normal, and given that the LCD screws in there isn't much room for fitting it back wrong. Is yours the same?

I will wriggle things about a bit if not. Probably nothing but I was ready for my handiwork to fry the laptop altogether and may have homed in on something unnecessarily - it's only now that I've noticed that my Windows 7 desktop has 1mm of black under its taskbar too.

('A bit hairy' but I quite enjoyed it, and wonder now whether I might have been able to save my last laptop by tinkering with eBay parts or whether these old Thinkpads are just very amenable to amateur repair. I can just imagine a boardroom meeting now at Acer and so on where they are devising ways to make bits of thin plastic forbiddingly overlap in such a way as to create the disposability of the products.)

Thanks.