thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: T23 and SXGA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:20 am 

Hiya,

Just a curious thought in my mind.

I still have the T23 and a T41 being shipped today with all luck... Anyway if I can I am going to hold on to the T23 just to verify that the T41 is indeed a big enough step up for me, and will be a good improvment over my T23. That way I can return it if I feel not.

However looking through the HMM for the T2x series, it is clear the T20/21/22 have a different graphic chip for the XGA and SXGA versions of the machine; however it is not clear on the T23 and by all impressions it looks like the T23 whether XGA or SXGA use the same graphics chip i.e.: S3 Super Savage IX16.

Any ideas whether a 2647-4MG (14.1" T23) with XGA LCD could actually take an SXGA display designed for the T23?

I'm not saying I am going to do anything on this matter, but it is one of curiosity.

At any rate I am 99.9% sure the T23 will go when I get used to the T41, or even catch sight of it. I paid £850 for it, and the sale of the T23 should get me £400 back (it's a *****Expletives removed by Moderator***** fine example of one, beautiful machine), however if I return the T41, I am only going to be 'up' about £450 cos I won't be selling the T23, does that make sense?

Anyway would be most curious to know.
Thankies ^_^

Vicky <- in a cuddly mood today, someone swiped my devil's horns :)

- Read my blog: http://www.lilserenity.com