Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Unlucky T23 case, please help

T20-T23 Series and T30. NOT for T25-Retro.
Hixon

Unlucky T23 case, please help

#1 Post by Hixon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for your help, because I am starting to be fed up with this. Let me tell you my story.

First of all, 2 weeks ago I bought a T23 with the pulsing fan. Okey, I resoldered the fallen reel and then I turned on the machine. I got 1-3-3-1 beep, this is because I tried it with PC100 memories. Then I bought a Micron PC133 512mb memory from a local marketplace. Okey I started the T23 with that, and then no beeps but no screen either! I cheched the crystals but nothing seemed to be wrong in the soilder joints. Ah, great.. I had to buy a new motherboard from ebay which is working well. It arrrived today but my system still not working... The problem is the same, no beeps no display.

I have checked my lcd in a T22 but nothing wrong with the screen, it worked correctly, I tried to start my T23 with different types of hdd but still have the problem.

What do you think? Memory can be bad, but my system would beeps if it wasn't good? or not? The ports' panel is the only thing that I haven't replaced yet, but I think it cannot effect the problem, or I don't know.... Do you have any advices or tips?

Thank you so much
Hixon
IBM Thinkpad T601, Boe-Hydis UXGA, Native Penryn, QX9300, Intel X3100, 8GB Crucial RAM, 250GB Kingston SSD

Harryc
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unlucky T23 case, please help

#2 Post by Harryc » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 pm

So your question is basically, can memory be bad or incompatible and not cause a beep sequence in it's host laptop when booted up. The answer is yes.

Hixon

Re: Unlucky T23 case, please help

#3 Post by Hixon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, you're right. The memory was incompatible with the notebook. I got another one and the T23 works fine now. Thanks
IBM Thinkpad T601, Boe-Hydis UXGA, Native Penryn, QX9300, Intel X3100, 8GB Crucial RAM, 250GB Kingston SSD