thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:32 am 

Hello!

I am having problems with WiFi card. The card is 4965AG.

So over the night the wireless stop working. There was no way that i could connect to my wifi.

It always said that the connection is having limited access. But the internet was working fine with my other laptop.

I bought a new mini WiFi card and it is also not working. The Windows not recognize it.

So i have 2 Wireless card which are not working. (one is recognized by the W7 the other one not!)

Is there problem in cables or where should i look for the problem?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm 

Since your other laptop is connecting (wirelessly?) just fine, the problem seems to be either the location of your computer (too far from router, EMI/RFI), or your router is not configured correctly to accommodate your PC. Did you change the security method or key? Is it possible someone has changed the configuration of your router to include MAC filtering and the exclusion of all but indicated MAC addresses? Do you receive your LAN IP address dynamically, or have you created a manually assigned IP in your TCP/IP properties? Can you see your router when you view available wireless networks? And finally, are you entering your security key in correctly? It is case sensitive of course and make sure you aren't including a space either before or after the key you enter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 am 
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

I think there is a very good chance all you needed to do was power off your router and all computers, then reboot them all. I've seen the problem you report many times and rebooting the network will usually fix it, but you could indeed have a unique problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 am 
RBS10000
RBS10000

The quality of your router is also important.
I run only ASUS routers.
My current RT-N16 (with Tomato Firmware) has now been up 159 days without rebooting (bought in September 2011).
The previous ASUS WL-520GU router had been up (uninterrrupted) for nearly 3 years and was only replaced because I wanted wifi-N and Gigabit ethernet.
Both routers have USB for an external printer and/or NAS.

Check out The Board Room for:
- LED-mods for the 15" T60/R60/R61
- SATA-mods for any T43/R52 with ATI GPU
- other Services