Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Missing OSD after installing win 7.

T60/T61 Series
HalliHallo

Missing OSD after installing win 7.

#1 Post by HalliHallo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:35 am

Hi

This may be a stupid question, but after I installed an SSD drive in my T60 and installed Windows 7 on it I seem to be missing something.
The On Screen Display doesn't seem to work (when turning the volume up/down there would be an indication on the screen).
I also miss controlling the wireless connections (Fn + F5). These also seem to be missing.

I believe I have installed the available drivers from the Lenovo website.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

ZaZ

Re: Missing OSD after installing win 7.

#2 Post by ZaZ » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:54 am

You installed the HotKey driver?
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

HalliHallo

#3 Post by HalliHallo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:13 pm

ZaZ wrote:You installed the HotKey driver?
You, sir, are brilliant! That was exactly what I was missing to install.
I'm so happy!

Where I come from we have a saying: "I can't see the forest for mere trees."
This is one such case.

Once again thanks for you help. My "old" laptop is back :-)

Thirtybird

#4 Post by Thirtybird » Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I apologize for reviving an old-ish thread, but I'm running into the exact same issue here, and going through the lenovo support site, the only thing related to Hotkeys I can find is the "Hotkey Features Integration", which I do have installed. After a reboot it still does not work.

I enabled the volume change beep in the BIOS, and the beep goes off, but nothing happens in the OS.

I re-ran the installer, which shows I have the current version of all items, including the System Interface Driver and the On Screen Display. I re-installed both of those and rebooted and still neither the volume buttons or the OSD work.

Any other thoughts? Is it possible they broke something in newer versions of the drivers?

Thirtybird

#5 Post by Thirtybird » Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Thirtybird wrote:I apologize for reviving an old-ish thread, but I'm running into the exact same issue here, and going through the lenovo support site, the only thing related to Hotkeys I can find is the "Hotkey Features Integration", which I do have installed. After a reboot it still does not work.

I enabled the volume change beep in the BIOS, and the beep goes off, but nothing happens in the OS.

I re-ran the installer, which shows I have the current version of all items, including the System Interface Driver and the On Screen Display. I re-installed both of those and rebooted and still neither the volume buttons or the OSD work.

Any other thoughts? Is it possible they broke something in newer versions of the drivers?
Well, I'm not exactly sure what I missed, but I did resolve it by running the Thinkvantage update. It found some missing packages, and looking at the descriptions, none of them really seemed to indicate it would fix my issues, but after it was all said and done, everything works properly...