Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Unable to Disable Tapping‏

T60/T61 Series
shredderhead

Unable to Disable Tapping‏

#1 Post by shredderhead » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 am

Hi, I just acquired a T60 (1st thinkpad ever) and I'm having trouble disabling the tapping feature on the touchpad. The "Enable Tapping" check box is unchecked in the TouchPad Properties window. But as I move the mouse via the touchpad, around the screen, windows will close when I mouse over the X without me clicking the touchpad "mouse" button. Other things will open as I pass over them. I would like to use the buttons for clicking things opened and closed.

If you know how to help, please keep in mind that I'm not super techsavvy.

thanks,

mere

TuuS
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Unable to Disable Tapping‏

#2 Post by TuuS » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm

How the touchpad is handled depends on the operating system and the software used. There are far to many combinations possible, so no one can give you a complete answer until we know what your using.

For now, the only thing I can recommend is that you get the latest ultranav drivers and utilities for whatever windows version you're using and see if you can find the proper settings, if not, then reply with all the details.

ps. for what it's worth I just easily disabled it on my system as a test by going to

control panel>mouse

then opening

ultranav tab>touchpad settings>tapping

This is with the latest ultranav utility installed on windows seven x64

Return to “ThinkPad T60/T61 Series”