Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Re: express port hangs

X20/X21, X30/X31, X40/X41 Series
emeraldgirl08
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: express port hangs

#1 Post by emeraldgirl08 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I am waiting on a replacement of the internal I/O SD/Ethernet card for my X200 as the original one simply gave out. I was lucky to find one for $13 on fleabay by a 99% rated seller.

I've noticed something awry with the use of an express card in my X200. I have an SDHC card reader in case of emergencies and I've been using it since my internal I/O card reader went on the fritz. I have around 10 gb of music on an SDHC card that usually keep permanently in my internal I/O card reader. Whenever I use it in my express card sd card adapter it will hang. I'll listen to some music and then the music will just stop for a minute then resume. It also happens when I'm transferring files....hangs then continues.

Any clues TPers???

EDIT:

It's not OS related. I am using my linux boot now and it has hung once while Rhythmboxing. It's hardware then. It has to be the express card I am using or perhaps my X200 is throwing temper tantrums. Can't wait to get my internal I/O card! The express card adapter leaves my SDHC card sticking out and makes the palmrest a bit warm around the express card area.
Thinkpad T470 | iPhone XR | mATX Comet Lake Desktop | Hackintosh Monterey | Lenovo L24q-30 Monitor