thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
IBM & lenovo legacy model ThinkPad support files are available on thinkpads.com.
including Hardware Maintenance Manuals, latest or final driver updates and more.
at: thinkpads.com

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:08 pm 

Does the x40 have a video capture card? If not, what will I need to do a video capture off a VCR using, say, a Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:31 am 
Sophomore Member

no, you should try finding a usb 2.0 one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:31 pm 

I'm the original poster. Do you mean I need to find a 2.0 USB to plug into the x40?

The basic problem is that Pinnacle Studio Quickstart 8, which came with the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150, isn't showing the DVC 150 as an option for a video capture, only a DV Camcorder.

Also, the Dazzle support site says that the BIOS should have settings enabled for USB Keyboard Support and USB Legacy Support. I can't find these settings in the x40 BIOS.

Finally, when I check the Device Manager under My Computer -> System Properties -> Hardware, I see two Sound, video and game controllers for Pinnacle Systems Studio AV/DV E4 and Pinnicle Systems Studio AV/DV Overlay, both of which were installed with Pinnacle Studio Quickstart 8. Both of these have the same device status message:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

So what should I do to get the Pinnacle Studio 8 to recognize the DVC 150 for a video capture?