Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Extended Battery

X20/X21, X30/X31, X40/X41 Series
ibmuser

Extended Battery

#1 Post by ibmuser » Fri May 28, 2004 2:28 am

Anyone have experience with the extended battery. Thinking of getting one. Any good places to buy from (especially in Canada)??

The battery is listed as X30 extended battery on the IBM site - is this fine with the X31 as well?

rexr
Freshman Member

#2 Post by rexr » Sat May 29, 2004 10:13 am

It is my understanding that the extended battery works with the X31. It cannot be used at the same time as the Media Slice or a dock.

I have been trying to decide whether to get the extended battery instead of using a second system battery in the Media Slice (which also would support a third battery in the Ultra Bay 2000 slot).

Any thoughts?

ibmuser

battery deal

#3 Post by ibmuser » Sat May 29, 2004 11:44 am

i guess it might well be more convenient to have one for the ultra bay. I don't have the slice, so what appeals to me is the extended battery - I like the fact that it slants the base some too, so that typing is more confortable. i came across some deals (only a $100) for the extended battery from

http://www.itxchange.com/itxchange/find ... rch=simple

just enter part number in search box. at that price the extended battery is even cheaper than the ultrabay one and that might be a reason again to give it a go.