Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Ideapad S10, do you recomend it?

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
lagoausente

Ideapad S10, do you recomend it?

#1 Post by lagoausente » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 pm

I have a friend that is asking me for buying a netbook. One Ideapad S10 at 230 eur shipped, new. I have been user of Tx series and still have a T400, but I should like any of you confirm if the netbooks of Lenovo are good quality? Do you recomend the purchase?

Thanks in advance.

ZaZ

Re: Ideapad S10, do you recomend it?

#2 Post by ZaZ » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:29 pm

lagoausente wrote:do you recomend it?
Personally, I wouldn't do it, but you may differ. To some degree it depends on the usage, but the 1024x600 screen is a no go extended usage at least for me. The S12 would be better in this regard. For Office, music and internet, the Atom CPU will be OK, but anything CPU intensive, say flash video, it's going to chug.

The X100e has an optional dual core CPU and a 1366x768 screen, but the AMDs in there run a bit hot. Obviously, the X20x is a top quality ultraportable, but is not as wallet friendly. It might help if you said something about the intended usage and budget. Also what's available over there you like and can afford? It's been a while since I been to Spain and I definitely wasn't looking at laptops at the time.
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

lagoausente

Re: Ideapad S10, do you recomend it?

#3 Post by lagoausente » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:27 am

The guy has already a laptop, he wants a neetbook for weekend travel. Question is if t´s reliable compared with other barnds, and it´s overall quality for that price, if it´s something better or just the same things..