Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

IdeaPad 100S Model 80R9

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
mraroid

IdeaPad 100S Model 80R9

#1 Post by mraroid » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi folks...

I am trying to fix my friends old Lenovo Ideapad 100S, Model 8090

I was able to down load the service manual from Lenovo. I have read it over several times. I see a slot for a M2.0X25mm solid state drive. And nothing is in that slot. It also have a smaller card for the WiFi. The manual talks about several different drives for this laptop but I can not tell from the service manual if more slots are deep inside this laptop or not. It does not have what we would think of as a motherboard. It has an IO board and a System board that can be removed and replaced. They are not suppose to be serviced, just replaced. I see nothing in the service manual that talks about additional SS drive slots in the IO board or the System board.

The computer turns on, and I get a Lenovo logo and that is it. I went into the BIOS and it is not very informative. But at one place, it did says "no drive found". The BIOS lists SS drives as being 33 GBs, 64 GBs and 128 GBs. But I can not see any place in the service manual to plug another drive into the computer.

I need to ask my friend if someone tried to service this laptop before she gave it to me to fix.

Anyone have any experience with this old model?

mraroid

Return to “Non-ThinkPad Lenovo Laptops”