I just bought the following X220. (Choices In french)
After years, I was dreaming for a small lenovo old fashion style, which make me chosse the X220, as the X1 seems to have a lot of lack, and not the old fashion design, and the T420 not so good battery, and bigger one.
So my first LENOVO, and I am so excited, so long to wait for it.. :smileytongue:I have a few question, after readings page and page about this laptop.
- Is the mSATA port
installed by defaut on every X220 ? (can not find this answer in PDF and forums) I did not took the Ericsson option, and leave the default choice, which was "Large band integrated, option". So can I buy a mSATA drive before receiving my X220, and be sure that I have the mSATA port to install it? In the lenovo site, I don't have option to select a mSATA drive.
- It seems that the Intel 310 80Go is the standard reference for everybody. I presume it is the more stable one, but not the most quicker. As the ssd technology goes quick, I would like to get your "actually" return about the other option, like the Renice or MySsd or other one, at reasonnable price (<250EUR Max), for the OS only.
I saw theses models:
- 80GB INTEL 310 STABLE BUT SPEED--
- 64/128GB MyDigitalSSD 50mm Bullet Proof - SEEMSTO BE GOOD COMPROMISE STABLE AND SPEED
- OCZ Deneva 2 / Intrepid SPEED SPEED, STABLE?
- Samsung PM810 64GB, seemsgood speed, stable ?
- I read some people installed a Intel 510 2,5, replacing the 320 SATA, installing it from the inside box, removing the keyboard and forcing a little, this seems to be a weird solution, if somebody has some good feedback about that, it would be appreciated.
- Seems there is no TRIM supported with the Intel 310 mSATA. After I read on TRIM, on my opinion this technology is quite important to keep performance aftermonth. Anyway to activate this feature?
- On my default option for the powersupply, I have "French Pack with cordon and adaptater 65W". For free I have a "European generic Pack (WWAN integrated) with cordon and adaptater 65W". Did I made a good choice? Why they speak about the WWAN here ????FOR NEW BUYERS
I did not choose the i7, and took the smallest i5, because I don't think I will really need more performance for coding, watching movies etc... but I will save some battery. For new people who want to buy a X220, please notice that the USB 3.0 is install only on i7
, which is not clear on the lenovo website, and I just discovered it. No big deal for me, as I think we do not have so many periphicals enough quick ready for USB 3.0, at least for 2 years I think and you can install a expresscard for it if needed, for 20EUR. But maybe If I know that before, I would took the i7. Just let you know, for the new buyers. For new buyer, don't forget to choose the IPS screen, with the premium HD option
, this is the one that you can not miss for sure.
For those, who are afraid to install the mSATA drive, take a look at this video link which show the manipulation, choose WWAN remove: LENOVO SERVICE TRAINING http://lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/X220/index.htmlFEELINGS
After readings, I would just dislike the low resolution, the fact that lenovo did not choose to integrate a hide slider for the webcam for paranoiac like me, and a little lighter package. Except theses point, not so important, except resolution, it seems after all my search, that this is really a close perfect computer if you had a mSATA drive, and all of that, for a very very reasonnable price (have addittional coupon 150EUR this WE). A full package, with full features, compromise speed, battery, and high HD with the 320SATA.
Thanks for you help.
Référence du produit: 4287CTO
Nom du produit: ThinkPad X220 - 3 Yr Depot Topseller Warranty
- Processeur Intel Core i5-2520M (2,5 GHz, 3 Mo L3)
- Windows 7 Professional 64 Authentique
- Windows 7 Professional 64 Authentique Français
- Ecran 12,5" Premium HD (1366x768) avec rétro-éclairage par LED, prêt pour le haut débit pour mobile, antenne 2x2
- Mémoire 4 Go PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz SODIMM (1 module DIMM)
- Clavier français
- Lecteur d'empreintes digitales
- 720p HD Camera
- Disque dur 320 Go, 7200 tr/min
- No Micro Solid State Drive
- Batterie 29++ (9 cellules) ThinkPad
- Pack européen générique (WWAN intégré) avec cordon d'alimentation et adaptateur CA 65W
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (2x2 AGN)
- Bande large mobile intégrée - En option
- Module de langue WE (FR/GE/IT/IT/DU/EN)