thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm 

Hi,

I bought my thinkpad w/ the accidental damage protection upgrade. It came (as part of the package) w/ the thinkpad x200 dock. The docking station has damage (the plastic covering the notebook power adapter is broken). I want to get the docking station replaced, but when I called Lenovo, they didn't recognize any of the #s I gave to them as being from a "docking station." They are telling me that the docking station also has a separate warranty that isn't covered by the inclusive thinkplus accidental protection warranty I bought when I bought my notebook. Anyone have any thoughts/ideas? This is frustrating. Lenovo is basically saying that my accidental protection warranty doesn't apply to the docking station (even though the docking stationg was bought w/ the computer as a unit).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 pm 

You may wish to post this over on the Lenovo forums if you haven't already as you'll get access to some Lenovo staff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm 
Admin
Admin

pupster wrote:
Lenovo is basically saying that my accidental protection warranty doesn't apply to the docking station (even though the docking stationg was bought w/ the computer as a unit).

That's been the case with accessories sold with a system purchase, way back into IBM days, for as long as I can recall.

Cheers,

Bill B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 pm 

Accidental warranty applies to the laptop but not to the extra accessories.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am 

lead_org wrote:
Accidental warranty applies to the laptop but not to the extra accessories.

Okay...thanks...does anyone know what the standard warranty on the dock is? I bought the notebook/dock as a single SKU item #, which is why I was confused....