thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am 

Hi,

The SSD that came with my Thinkpad X201T (0381-CTO). The primary drive was a 1.8" SSD in a sled/spacer that made it fit in the primary bay.

I replaced it with a OCZ Technology 240 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSD2-2VTXE240G (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NE ... 00_details).

The new drive fits in the primary bay and works perfectly but it's too space for the space. I can't re-use the spacer from the old drive because the old drive was actually a very small 1.8" format SSD with a very large spacer.

So now I need to find a much smaller spacer to keep the 2.5" OCZ firmly in place. On a temporary basis, I've wrapped the drive in rubber bands, but I'd like to find a better solution. Any thoughts? Or pointers to a spacer designed for hold in a 99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm SSD in the X201T's primary drive bay?

Thanks!

-Jason

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:50 am 
**SENIOR** Member
**SENIOR** Member

Since your ThinkPad came with the 1.8" drive you would not have known that if your ThinkPad came with a 2.5" drive it would include a caddy that has four screws to attach to the 2.5" drive along with a plastic pull tab for easy removal. On each side of the caddy it would have what I call rubber bumpers that are used in a pair. They cover the ends and allow the drive to fit snug in its bay.

Look for FRU 41V9756 for the rubber bumpers.

Here is an exmaple of what I am referring to.

Brad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:30 pm 

Brad, thanks very much!

I imagined there was a kit like that, but wasn't able to track down a part number on my own. Thanks again.

-Jason