thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
IBM & lenovo legacy model ThinkPad support files are available on thinkpads.com.
including Hardware Maintenance Manuals, latest or final driver updates and more.
at: thinkpads.com

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 pm 

I have an X200T 7453-CTO that dual boots Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I have been installing ShareIT on various machines, and have reached this one.

In Windows 8.1, it works perfectly, transferring files to and from tablets and another Thinkpad with no error messages.

In Windows 7, it brings up an error message about something to do with AP which says the network card in the machine is too old to support ShareIt.

I can't report the actual error message because after attempting and failing, I lose internet on the machine I am trying to connect to (this machine I'm typing on) and have to reboot to regain control of the networking.

I realise this is probably the wrong forum, but couldn't see a suitable place to post.

Any ideas gratefully received!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:07 am 

The error message is "Failed create soft AP" followed by the statement that the wireless adapter is too old.

When trying to send to a tablet, the X200T says sending, but the receiving tablet says "Sender needs to click send". After this, networking on the tablet is broken.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 pm 

Just in case anyone else is interested in this, I contacted Lenovo who replied saying "The production versions of all the apps are ONLY on www.lenovo.com/shareit<http://www.lenovo.com/shareit> ".
I had by then uninstalled and re-installed another copy from this main Lenovo site, and this copy was working fine.

I had installed the first non-working copy from kc.lenovo.com, which was pointed to by several Google results, and referred to it as the stable Windows version. I have no idea whether this is an official Lenovo site, but it is confusing.

The reason for my extensive installation is that I work primarily with audio and found ShareIt extremely useful for moving files between computers and tablets quickly and easily.