Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X201 with Ultrabase and CD/DVD Auto Run Not Working!

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
Bánh mì
Sophomore Member

X201 with Ultrabase and CD/DVD Auto Run Not Working!

#1 Post by Bánh mì » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:02 am

Is this by design?
Have an x201 with CD/DVD drive on ultrabase. Base is plugged into AC. Running W764bit.

Regardless of CD or DVD I try, inlcuding ones from MSFT autorun doesnt not work. Yes, I want into the Autoplay Tab in Hardware and Sound in Control Panel and set Autoplay for all media and devices. However it doesnt work! I try this on a T61 and the same CD/DVDs that do not autorun on my x201 do autorun on the T61. Can someone solve this mystery? One thing I did notice in playing with the individual settings is somehow it had disabled my Lenovo Power Manager software. I was able to fix that by going back to default settings. That is the only possibly clue that it might be due to the interaction of the base and CD/DVD drive with W7. Can someone help? I want to fix this if possible. Thanks in advance.

Addemdum to post above: Also non of my USB drives upon insertion cause a dialog box to open. On my T61 the dialog box pops up. In fact, for security I dont want anything to autorun but I would ike to see the dialog box. How to fix? It seems like a software issue at this point?
Có một ngày tuyệt vời!

Bánh mì
Sophomore Member

Re: X201 with Ultrabase and CD/DVD Auto Run Not Working!

#2 Post by Bánh mì » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 am

The problem was resolved via a reg edit after a day of research on my own.
Có một ngày tuyệt vời!