Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Mike mute LED button / Hotkeys integration of X220/X230 not working with Windows 11

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
kokkolis

Mike mute LED button / Hotkeys integration of X220/X230 not working with Windows 11

#1 Post by kokkolis » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Dear All,

A somewhat strange question: I've got a T430s, and two X230's, and all three laptops have the X220 classic keyboard (with the "older BIOS & controller") from the now famous Github instructions page.

The X230's have a dual hard drive, one running Windows 11 23H2 x 64, and the other one running Linux (one is running Pop!_OS, the other one Fedora).

However: When running Windows 11, I can't get the physical microphone mute button LED to light-up and to mute the sound (It lights up and appears to work properly on my T430s but can't get it to work on my X230). Actually, when booting up the X230, the Mic LED does light-up momentarily, but stops once Windows 11 is booting. Interestingly, the mic button and the LED work properly (and LED does light-up!) when running Linux!

Can anyone shed any light? No matter what Lenovo Hotkey (and other!) drivers I've run, I haven't managed to get the mic LED to work... any help with drivers is much appreciated!

Thank you.

Kindest regards,
Christos

TPFanatic
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Mike mute LED button / Hotkeys integration of X220/X230 not working with Windows 11

#2 Post by TPFanatic » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:11 pm

You might have to enable legacy net framework 3.5 in Programs and Features, or do the offline install with the windows .iso. Then reinstall hotkey features (3.81 for 7 row models, latest version for 6 row models).

kokkolis

Re: Mike mute LED button / Hotkeys integration of X220/X230 not working with Windows 11

#3 Post by kokkolis » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Hello team just to let you know that the issue as been solved once I've installed the Symantec UltraNav driver. Not sure what's the connection between the trackpad/trackpoint and the mute button (especially as it works in Linux!), but that's done it for me somehow.

A big "thank you" also to TPFanatic for the kind answer -which I would certainly try.

Thank you all. However, a last issue just raised onto a different post with a missing device..