Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X2xx/X30x Shipping thread

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
NotKnown

#61 Post by NotKnown » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:35 am

Mine will arrive 08/19/08 too.
The best in life is free

Soon coming - Thinkpad X200 with 64GB SSD

alcuin

#62 Post by alcuin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm

8/8/08
Just ordered X200;
2.4ghz
2gb 2dimm
80gb 5400rpm (going to aftermarket drive later, cheaper)
WiFi 5300 3x3
Bluetooth
9cell batt
spare 65w psu
6 nib pack
$1380 on CPP discount

Ship on 8/22/08

Edit:
8/22/08
My thinkpad no longer has a shipping date. :cry:
My two accessories, the spare power adapter and 6 pack of nibs shipped on 8/19/08, only to be stopped in Kentucky or Tennessee due to customs. :cry: again.
8/27/08
My box of nibs and spare power adapter arrived yesterday. Finally got a shipping notification on the laptop, my x200 has shipped out. No tracking number available until tomorrow though. :(

8/28/08
Got the X200. WTF. Lenovo's shipping notifications suck. Other than that though, very happy. :D
Last edited by alcuin on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

nesnet

#63 Post by nesnet » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 pm

X200

2.4GHz T8600, 3GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 4-cell battery, WIFI 5300, Bluetooth, Vista Business downgraded to XP.

Ordered 8/5/08. first ship date was 8/21/08

Update 1: on 8/21/08 revised ship date to 8/26/08.

Update 2: on 8/27/08 revised ship date to 09/09/08

Update 3: ORDER SHIPPED 08/29/08
Last edited by nesnet on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Active: T400 2764CTO, X300 6476CTO, X61 7675CTO
Sold: X200 7454CTO, T61p 6459CTO, T60p 8741C3U

Supermans
Freshman Member

#64 Post by Supermans » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:08 pm

My order date was 08/05/08 and the estimated ship date is 08/22/08. It hasn't changed since day 1, but your post above makes me think it will be changed soon.. Below is a cut and paste from the e-mail configuration of my order.

CONFIGURED SYSTEM
08/22/08 $1,544.00 $1,544.00

2,4GH INTEL Dual CORE 2 DUO PROCT8600 (nice upgrade)

MS WIN VISTA HOME BASIC (saved $50 getting this version)

GWV HOMEBASIC 32 US ENG. (don't know why it shows home basic twice)

2X2UL.CON.II ANT.,WWAN,CAM (monitor info, says it comes with web-cam standard)

2GBPC3-8500 1067MHZ2DIMM (2GB 2 DIMMS)

KEYBOARD US ENGLISH

TRACKPOINT

64GB SOL.ST,DRIVE,SER.ATA (got this one as a free upgrade because of price mistake that was honored :) )

5-1MEDIACARDREADER+MODEM (Standard and it was cheaper than the 3-1)

INTEGR.BLUETOOTH PAN (upgrade)

INT.WIFI LINK5300 (3X3 antenna's upgrade)

INTEGRWIRELESSWIDEAREANETW

THINKPADX200SER.9CELLENH. (upgrade)

CPK NORTH AMERICA

LAPACK US ENGL

kklein

#65 Post by kklein » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 am

Mine is still listed that it is supposed to ship tomorrow, the 19th. I hope that it does, though I have my doubts.

I ordered it the 5th, but had problems, they thought I was stealling my own identity because I had it shipped to work, which is different than my billing address, so it didn't go through for almost a week after I bought it.

But with any luck I'll have it by the end of the week.

kryzak

#66 Post by kryzak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm

ordered mine 8/5 by phone. Original ship date 8/19, and today I found out it got changed to 9/1... sigh.

kklein

#67 Post by kklein » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 am

kryzak wrote:ordered mine 8/5 by phone. Original ship date 8/19, and today I found out it got changed to 9/1... sigh.
I ordered mine on the computer 8/5, had the same ship date, 8/19, I was really hoping I'd wake up and it would say it shipped last night or something, instead I woke up and have a new ship date of 9/1. I wonder if calling them to complain will get it moved up any? Or is there a chance it will ship before the new ship date?

ChrisKinsman

#68 Post by ChrisKinsman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm

My 8/19 date changed to 9/1 today also.

Blackhold

#69 Post by Blackhold » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:19 am

ooooh noooo :cry: that means problems on laptops?

please the first to have the x200 please run with a linux and show the lspci and lsusb...
Blackhold

Lenovo 3000 v100 (Debian Lenny)
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 (Debian Lenny)

Configure it on linux: blackhold.blogspot.com

Conmee

#70 Post by Conmee » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Ordered my X200 yesterday via EPP with an estimated ship date of 9/5/2008.
Miss my IBM ThinkPad T42p...

Blackhold

#71 Post by Blackhold » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm reading that intel have broken stock with the new processor atom, maybe have they also problems with pinryn?
Blackhold

kklein

#72 Post by kklein » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:02 am

kklein wrote:
kryzak wrote:ordered mine 8/5 by phone. Original ship date 8/19, and today I found out it got changed to 9/1... sigh.
... have a new ship date of 9/1. I wonder if calling them to complain will get it moved up any? Or is there a chance it will ship before the new ship date?
I ended up calling just to see if there was actually a different ship date, and the woman on the phone assured me it would ship this week, hopefully on Monday or Tuesday so I have a chance of getting it by the end of the week.

Supermans
Freshman Member

#73 Post by Supermans » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Just for all of your information..

The price of the Intel Wifi-Link 3X3 dropped from $60 to a $40 upgrade last week. So those of you that ordered the upgrade and still haven't received their X200 can call and ask them to give you back the $20 (plus some tax) after it ships if you ask for a price match on that item. So far that has been the only change.. They said mine will ship next week which would make it a month and a half by the time I get it from when I ordered it.
The best things in life are free

Soon coming - Thinkpad X200 with FREE 64GB SSD :)

ThinkBento

#74 Post by ThinkBento » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Hello all. I have been reading this forum all summer and now that my X200 has arrived I decided to sign up.

I'm surprised at myself for buying the notebook because I really needed a notebook much earlier in the year and because of all the delays it would have been more practical to just pick up another brand or an earlier model.

When the X200 was finally listed on Lenovo, I was again disappointed because the price had gone up while the specs had gone down (apparently).

I started shopping around but just couldn't find the $1199 unit that was reviewed by various tech sites. Finally I remembered a company called Provantage. I've had good luck with them in the past so I searched their site and found the $1199 X200, but instead of "buy now" the item said "ships soon" or words to that effect.

Bummer! But then I noticed that the description indicated the Manufacturer Part Number was 7454-2GU. With that number Google found the same model at PCSuperstore.

I had never heard of PCSuperstore, so I was skeptical about their listing: X200 P8600 2.4G 2GB 160GB DVDRW 12.1-WXGA BT BFP XPP @ $1085 / free shipping.

What can I say, I took a gamble figuring I could dispute charges on my credit card if it turned out to be bogus.

So I placed the order on 8/20. School started for me on 8/25 and I really wanted to have this to play with over the weekend so I payed another 25$ for 2-day shipping.

Immediately things get fishy! I get an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation. I check the site and customer support has closed for the day. Then I get an email indicating that because the billing address is different than the shipping address, I need to call my card issuer and add the address as a valid alternative.

I'm ok with that but by that time it was after 4 and obviously the laptop would not be shipped that day.

Of course I couldnt stop obsessing over it and I kept checking the site for updates. That's when I noticed that now the price was $1075. What? It's only 10 dollars but come on...and I still didnt have a shipping notice!

Finally at the end of Thursday I get a FedEx Tracking number. I already know I'm not going to get it for the weekend, but salt is poured on my wound when I get a tracking update on Friday indicating that the package has arrived at the local FedEx facility...where I can't pick it up. It was sitting 6 miles away from me waiting for a truck to deliver it on Monday.

Finally I get the package on Monday, at work, where I place it on the corner of my desk to tease me all day. I still haven't had a chance to play with it really so I will have to comment again later.

For all the anticipation it was a bit anticlimactic really. Last night I powered it on, it worked, I checked my mail, powered it off, and went to bed.

Specs:

12.1-in WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT,
Bluetooth, Fingerprint Reader,
Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8600,
Intel GM45 Express chip set,
Intel Integrated Graphics 4500MHD,
160 GB / 5400 rpm,
Modem + 5-in-1 Media card reader,
2 GB (1 GB x 2), Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (1x2),
4-cell battery,
Vista Business downgrade to XP Professional
I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind!
The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU

JaneL
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#75 Post by JaneL » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 pm

ThinkBento wrote:I still haven't had a chance to play with it really so I will have to comment again later.
Welcome to the forum! It's been a whole hour now - how do you like it?? ;-)
Jane
2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X300, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga 3 Pro
Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Facebook group
I'm on Twitter

I do NOT respond to PM or e-mail requests for personal tech support.

ThinkBento

#76 Post by ThinkBento » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:33 pm

nonny wrote:
ThinkBento wrote:I still haven't had a chance to play with it really so I will have to comment again later.
Welcome to the forum! It's been a whole hour now - how do you like it?? ;-)
The case: the magnesium shell has a weird texture that looks cool but gets kinda funky from the oil on your hands. I'm going to have to trust the spec sheet regarding its ruggedness because anything this light feels fragile to me. I am a little unhappy that there is no crossbar behind the screen like other models. It bows just a tad if you press in the center. Regarding the latch: I am used to the double latch on my old ThinkPad 570E and I feel awkward using the single latch on this one. It secures well enough but unlatching it still requires 2 hands because the screen hinge is so tight that you have to hold the base while lifting the screen.

The keyboard/mouse:. It doesn't have the springiness of a desktop keyboard, and I wish it did. But it is full travel and I have always preferred the nub to a trackpad (anyone remember old laptops that had the j-key rigged for pointing?). It isn't perfectly silent but I would not be disturbed by my neighbor typing on it. One difference from the 570E: the center button is now above the left and right buttons. I'm used to it being below them. I ended up using that button a lot on the old laptop, for scrolling windows. I will have to retrain my thumb for that.

The screen: it looks fine in my office cube but outside at a bus stop it was too dim for my eyes. I will have to play with different color contrasts and brightness to optimize.

Heat/Noise: I've only used it for a couple of hours and it hasn't heated up at all and is very quiet. This is very nice. My 570E would get pretty hot at your wrists and, uh, your lap.

OS: My configuration came downgraded to XP Pro. It has a trial version of Office 2007 and surprisingly little bloatware. Just the usual suspects: PCDoctor. Some other stuff. Unfortunately for me it did not come with XP recovery disks. It came with Vista Business recovery disks! According to the package insert, this was intentional! For the XP downgrade (which is preinstalled) they expect you to make your own recovery disk, or else install Vista! I would be ok with that if it just built an ISO for you that you could save to disk to burn later, but the application that builds the image wants a writable device, and I didnt buy the docking station so I am stuck with the probability of using a bootleg installation. I will probably end up putting freeBSD on this and run XP in a VM.

Batteries: I got the default battery, a 4 cell, which I think is advertised as having 4 hours of life. I got about 2.5 hours out of it. I think this will improve after I play with the various hardware settings to optimize for the battery.

So. Long ago buying a computer was like buying a model airplane. It was a fun ongoing project of tweaking this and that. Today it is just a commodity. I bought a hammer. I guess I need to find some nails.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU

gengar

x301 delivery

#77 Post by gengar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Ordered X301 today with the 128GB SSD and max ram, expected ship date 9/16. -_-
T42p 2373-HVU / 770Z 9549-81U

rsyed

#78 Post by rsyed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 am

I ordered my x200 in germany 2 weeks ago - having the HD upgraded to a 128gb SSD (really looking forward to that).. Delivery has been pushed back to 2nd week of September - some issues with the intel chip...

Supermans
Freshman Member

#79 Post by Supermans » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 am

ThinkBento wrote:
nonny wrote: Welcome to the forum! It's been a whole hour now - how do you like it?? ;-)
The case: the magnesium shell has a weird texture that looks cool but gets kinda funky from the oil on your hands. I'm going to have to trust the spec sheet regarding its ruggedness because anything this light feels fragile to me. I am a little unhappy that there is no crossbar behind the screen like other models. It bows just a tad if you press in the center. Regarding the latch: I am used to the double latch on my old ThinkPad 570E and I feel awkward using the single latch on this one. It secures well enough but unlatching it still requires 2 hands because the screen hinge is so tight that you have to hold the base while lifting the screen.

The keyboard/mouse:. It doesn't have the springiness of a desktop keyboard, and I wish it did. But it is full travel and I have always preferred the nub to a trackpad (anyone remember old laptops that had the j-key rigged for pointing?). It isn't perfectly silent but I would not be disturbed by my neighbor typing on it. One difference from the 570E: the center button is now above the left and right buttons. I'm used to it being below them. I ended up using that button a lot on the old laptop, for scrolling windows. I will have to retrain my thumb for that.

The screen: it looks fine in my office cube but outside at a bus stop it was too dim for my eyes. I will have to play with different color contrasts and brightness to optimize.

Heat/Noise: I've only used it for a couple of hours and it hasn't heated up at all and is very quiet. This is very nice. My 570E would get pretty hot at your wrists and, uh, your lap.

OS: My configuration came downgraded to XP Pro. It has a trial version of Office 2007 and surprisingly little bloatware. Just the usual suspects: PCDoctor. Some other stuff. Unfortunately for me it did not come with XP recovery disks. It came with Vista Business recovery disks! According to the package insert, this was intentional! For the XP downgrade (which is preinstalled) they expect you to make your own recovery disk, or else install Vista! I would be ok with that if it just built an ISO for you that you could save to disk to burn later, but the application that builds the image wants a writable device, and I didnt buy the docking station so I am stuck with the probability of using a bootleg installation. I will probably end up putting freeBSD on this and run XP in a VM.

Batteries: I got the default battery, a 4 cell, which I think is advertised as having 4 hours of life. I got about 2.5 hours out of it. I think this will improve after I play with the various hardware settings to optimize for the battery.

So. Long ago buying a computer was like buying a model airplane. It was a fun ongoing project of tweaking this and that. Today it is just a commodity. I bought a hammer. I guess I need to find some nails.
Sounds like you like the little laptop. :) I opted for the 9 cell battery even tough it added a little more weight because I didn't want to have to worry about plugging it in during the day.

I'm glad to see the latch is tight and sounds strong. i did not know it was a single latch though, that probably helps it weigh less. I thought it had dual latches on each side.. I'll have to take a look at the pictures. I can't wait to get mine next week and share with you guys what I think about it..

ThinkBento, what configuration did you get?? How much ram, proc, features etc..? Do you wish you had gotten the 6 cell instead?
Last edited by Supermans on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackhold

#80 Post by Blackhold » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:29 am

ThinkBento,
you are saying 2,5hour with 4cell baterries? mmm it seems great without change batteries options...

an other thing... could you run the laptop with a linux live cd such ubuntu and show the output of two commands?

lspci

lsusb

thanks you much... tell us much more about the laptop! :wink:
Blackhold

kklein

#81 Post by kklein » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 pm

I just received an email saying all or part of my order has shipped, and since I have had the rest of my order for several weeks now, I believe it's safe to assume my x200 has shipped. But unfortunately I can't verify that because the order tracking page has been down all day. I really hope I get lucky with the shipping and this thing arrives by Friday.(Don't dash my hopes saying that won't happen!! Let me dream)

ThinkBento

#82 Post by ThinkBento » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:08 am

Code: Select all

gr@gr-laptop:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Cantiga Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga MEI Controller (rev 07)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 4237

gr@gr-laptop:~$ lsusb
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 08ff:2810 AuthenTec, Inc. 
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000  
-EDIT: Updated lsusb
Last edited by ThinkBento on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU

kklein

#83 Post by kklein » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Mine arrived a few minutes ago, I'm somewhat worried though, I ordered Vista Ultimate, but it has a sticker that says Vista Basic, and when I turned it on it said Windows XP so I'm not sure what it happening, it is doing some startup stuff so I haven't been able to see what OS I actually have installed.

Should I be worried that it says XP?

I should have been, it shipped with the wrong OS.

ThinkBento

#84 Post by ThinkBento » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:29 pm

kklein wrote:Should I be worried that it says XP?
Sounds like you got what I got. Don't worry. XP Pro is preinstalled. The sticker on the wrist wrest says vista basic. But if you check the cd's that should have come in the box, they are labeled as Vista Business. Also there should be a sticker on the bottom of your laptop that has the product key. It should say Windows Vista Business OEM.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU

kklein

#85 Post by kklein » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:54 pm

ThinkBento wrote:
kklein wrote:Should I be worried that it says XP?
Sounds like you got what I got. Don't worry. XP Pro is preinstalled. The sticker on the wrist wrest says vista basic. But if you check the cd's that should have come in the box, they are labeled as Vista Business. Also there should be a sticker on the bottom of your laptop that has the product key. It should say Windows Vista Business OEM.
Good call, after talking to several people, and being on hold for a LONG time, the answer I got was you can return it for a 15% restocking fee then reorder it.

So I look in the box and I do have the Vista Business CD, along with a Vista Ultimate CD, and another one with the Lenovo software. Thanks for your help!!! Now I just have to go buy my external drive and get installing.

Blackhold

#86 Post by Blackhold » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:47 am

ThinkBento wrote:

Code: Select all

gr@gr-laptop:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Cantiga Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Cantiga MEI Controller (rev 07)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 4237
thank you! :D could you post also lsusb, you putted twice lspci ;) in lsusb we could see webcam, fingerprint and other things...

how was the hardware detection? wifi worked? network worked? special buttons? card reader? etc.
Blackhold

ThinkBento

#87 Post by ThinkBento » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Blackhold wrote:...
thank you! :D could you post also lsusb, you putted twice lspci ;) in lsusb we could see webcam, fingerprint and other things...

how was the hardware detection? wifi worked? network worked? special buttons? card reader? etc.
Whoop, sorry about that. I ran it but I guess I was a little fast on the cut and paste. See above for the update.

As you can see from lspci, the wifi adapter isn't recognized. I'm still researching this.

I ordered my x200 without the camera so you don't see it reported. All the buttons seem to work but I havnt mapped them. Ethernet is operational. I don't have a card to test the card reader.

I have already damaged my lappy :(

One of the first things I noticed was the rubber feet, which tilt the keyboard a bit on a flat surface and make it annoying to balance on an uneven surface. I don't have a sleeve for my x200 yet and I have just been throwing it into my backback. Well, today I pulled it out and one of the feet caught on something else in the back and it tore off. I can glue it back on I guess but I am instead considering tearing them all off.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU

Supermans
Freshman Member

#88 Post by Supermans » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:37 pm

ThinkBento wrote:
Blackhold wrote:...

Whoop, sorry about that. I ran it but I guess I was a little fast on the cut and paste. See above for the update.

As you can see from lspci, the wifi adapter isn't recognized. I'm still researching this.

I ordered my x200 without the camera so you don't see it reported. All the buttons seem to work but I havnt mapped them. Ethernet is operational. I don't have a card to test the card reader.

I have already damaged my lappy :(

One of the first things I noticed was the rubber feet, which tilt the keyboard a bit on a flat surface and make it annoying to balance on an uneven surface. I don't have a sleeve for my x200 yet and I have just been throwing it into my backback. Well, today I pulled it out and one of the feet caught on something else in the back and it tore off. I can glue it back on I guess but I am instead considering tearing them all off.
Unfortunately, that is just some bad luck. I would definitely glue it back on as it does raise it up a bit and keeps it cooler underneath.

csv96

#89 Post by csv96 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Did it come with the DVDRW or was that just a typo on the website?
ThinkBento wrote:I had never heard of PCSuperstore, so I was skeptical about their listing: X200 P8600 2.4G 2GB 160GB DVDRW 12.1-WXGA BT BFP XPP @ $1085 / free shipping.

Specs:

12.1-in WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT,
Bluetooth, Fingerprint Reader,
Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8600,
Intel GM45 Express chip set,
Intel Integrated Graphics 4500MHD,
160 GB / 5400 rpm,
Modem + 5-in-1 Media card reader,
2 GB (1 GB x 2), Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (1x2),
4-cell battery,
Vista Business downgrade to XP Professional
Thinkpad X200s w/ Ultrabase
C2D SL9600 / 8GB / 160GB X25-M G2 / BD MULTI / 12.1" WXGA / INTEL 4500MHD / INTEL 5150 / BT / AT&T WWAN / W7

ThinkBento

#90 Post by ThinkBento » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:55 pm

csv96 wrote:Did it come with the DVDRW or was that just a typo on the website?
It did not come with DVDR. I did assume it was an error when I ordered it--I didnt' even bother to ask. I told myself it would be a nice surprice if it shipped with it, but it did not.
-Charles M. Schulz

ThinkPad X200 7454-2GU