thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 am 

any LED panel (assuming IPS/AFFS/PVA) will requiring soldering and/or heavy fabrication.   there might be TN panels out there but they won't be of better quality than the factory X200 TN panel.

converting a CCFL panel to use an LED backlight is going to produce worse results than using a CCFL tube.   CCFL is hands down the best backlight method available in terms of color quality.   the difference in battery life is 1~2W per hour and easily compensated using an SSD instead of a mechanical hard drive.

if you're going to mod an X200, use CCFL.   if you need an LED-based display for better battery life then buy an IPS X220 and enjoy it.

my two cents. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 pm 

For those who asked me for the calibrated ICM file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3574759/HV121WX4-120.icm

Every monitor differs, even if they are the same model. This profile was created specific for my AFFS panel, which may exhibits slightly different characteristics than yours. You should only use this as a starting point for calibration.

Somehow I just let my X200 sat in the closet for almost a year after upgrading to the X220. Will probably clean it up, reinstall Winodws and then put it up for sale. It's a Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz model, 4GB RAM, with 2 9-cell batteries and a 128GB SSD. Feel free to make me offer, otherwise look for it in the for sale section this weekend!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:49 pm 

I decided to make an upgrade to my old LCD display so I start researching.
I've found that everyone recommend the Hunday's BOEhydis displays as the best.
However I'm not clear on some aspects.
What do you think is better between this two:
HV121WX4-120
HV121WX5-120
Also I'm unclear on some aspect regarding the part numbers.
Any Hyunday BOEhydis HV121WX4-120 are identical or there are some variations in order to fin on different laptops?
Will any HV121WX4-120 or HV121WX5-120 fit on my x200 laptop or I'll need to buy a special one made for x200?
E.g.: Will this one fit on x200?
http://www.screentekinc.com/Hyundai-BOE ... -120.shtml

In order to make the HV121WX5-120 work on my laptop do I additionally need something else then the lcd LED Video cable (part no. 44C9991) and the LED Board Inverter (part no. 45M2812)?

Thank you a lot,
S.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 am 

Nobody's here? :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 pm 

the connector on the HV121WX5-120 prohibits it from working with your existing LED card and cable.   you'll need an HV121WX4-100, -110, or -120 and corresponding CCFL LVDS cable and inverter.   the only known, successful installation of a WX5 panel resulted in a lot of soldering and a mess of cables.

besides, the CCFL panel has better color than the LED panel.   if you absolutely need an X notebook with LED IPS then you might consider an X220.   the switch from WXGA to HD isn't as noticeable as you might think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9