Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X200 broken thinklight, microphone, bluetooth

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
mulambo187
Freshman Member

X200 broken thinklight, microphone, bluetooth

#1 Post by mulambo187 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi

My X200 has had a broken thinklight for a very long time now, it will work if I squeeze the bezel near the webcam. My microphone has recently stopped working and now my bluetooth is going down the drain, I know it must be a hardware issue because I kind of closed the laptop and physically rubbed all over the lid with pressure while hooked up to external monitor and Windows just popped up "found new hardware" and my bluetooth worked again for a little bit.

My particular X200 has the LED backlight which was suggested before that its cable is also powering the thinklight and I am thinking all these problems are related to the same loose or broken connections. I would like to take the lid apart and see if I can make sure everything is connected snugly, do I need to fully disassemble the whole unit or can should I be alright just taking apart the lid, I guess I would try to see if I can re-seat the connections and put it back together. So annoying losing bluetooth I had my phone syncing up with outlook through it and it was really helping me stay organized and on top of my life. :?
T400 6473-41U
X200 7454-CTO
R32 2658-BPU

Atreides

Re: X200 broken thinklight, microphone, bluetooth

#2 Post by Atreides » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm

You can take the lid apart without separating it from the main body. Basically just look for all the little stickers covering screws (on the front, not the sides), remove them, and then the screen bezel will snap right off. It's not too difficult to remove the entire top lid from the main body though should you need to.

I'd highly recommend you take a look at the HMM (hardware maintenance manual) for the X200s, it helped me hugely taking my X200s completely apart (twice), just do a quick google and you should find it. Also if you go to the Lenovo training center (again, google) I believe there might be some videos as well.
Current: 13 (1st gen) - i3-6200U - 8GB - 128GB - FHD (Got it for $250 :D )
Previous: X60s | X200s | X230 | X240sx | X1 Carbon (3rd) | TPY260 | X1 Yoga (1st)
Projects: 560 | 600E | T21