thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 pm 

Hello all,
I've been looking for a laptop for school & regular tasks. I hope this is the right section for general questions regarding the X220T. I'm planning on purchasing the product mentioned below. It was purchased and built on 12/13/2011 so it's been used for the last 2 and half months (by a CS student). I checked out the laptop today and it seems to be in great condition. Fresh install of Windows 7. Here are the specs :

Intel 160 GB Solid State Drive, Serial ATA
8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) <-- Faster memory upgrade, per seller.
12.5" Multitouch HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, Mobile Broadband Ready, 3x3 Antenna
Intel Core i5-2520M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50 GHz)

Bluetooth 3.0
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (3x3 AGN)
ThinkPad X220t - 1 Yr Depot Topseller Warranty
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64
Fingerprint Reader

ThinkPad Battery 52+ (6 cell)
Country Pack North America with Line cord & 65W AC adapter

Asking price is $1250. He seems to have some good hookups (in the computer industry) so I'm guess he got the laptop for a good percentage off the retail price. For a 2 and half month old laptop with the aforementioned specs, is this a good deal ? I believe it should be future proof for Windows 8 as well.

My required tasks : Programming, photo & video editing, documents, etc. Maybe light gaming occasionally.
I prefer the X220T because, of the tablet form and, also due to Windows 8 being around the corner.

Suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 pm 

There are 100+ X series machines available on the Lenovo outlet right now, maybe you can comparison shop... http://outlet.lenovo.com/laptops/thinkpad/x-series.html?limit=all.

Scroll down for the X220's. Also, I would recommend not filtering on the left as their inventory filter doesn't work properly. Just scroll through the list...

Oh and 50+ X series tablets... http://outlet.lenovo.com/laptops/thinkpad/x-series-tablet.html.