Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad T520 - FHD, very warm (red?) colors

T400/T410/T420 and T500/T510/T520 Series
squaredrooted

Thinkpad T520 - FHD, very warm (red?) colors

#1 Post by squaredrooted » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

I purchased a T520 a few weeks ago and my FHD screen finally came in the mail. I installed it properly and it has no problems, but it kind of does.

See, the screen is very warm/red...when I was using it next to my work computer and my dual screens at home (two LG 21 & 23" LED backlit screens at home; AOC 23" LED backlit at work), the screen noticeably stood out. It was much more "red" or warm than the other three screens.
I have no idea what to do. I've been in the Intel graphics properties thing tweaking around, trying to get the color balance right, but I cannot.

It stands out most when I have a blank Firefox tab open. I took a picture with my iPhone and I've attached it here to try and show the difference. I know an iPhone 4's sensor will not be able to capture it properly, but hopefully it gets the point across. When I took the picture, I put the Thinkpad brightness to 15 (max) and opened a blank Firefox tab.

Does anyone know how I can fix or tweak the settings to make it at least somewhat similar to my other three screens? When I'm using it by myself at school or whatever it's not too bad, but when I have it side by side it's a giant eyesore.

Thanks!

mixz1
Sophomore Member

Re: Thinkpad T520 - FHD, very warm (red?) colors

#2 Post by mixz1 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 am

squaredrooted wrote:I purchased a T520 a few weeks ago and my FHD screen finally came in the mail. I installed it properly and it has no problems, but it kind of does.

Can you clarify? You purchased a T520 and then replaced the display panel with an FHD panel that you ordered separately? If so, did you ever try to compare screens with the original display before changing it?

Things to examine are driver set and color profile. Please provide those details so that we can have more information to form an opinion.
T440p Win 10 Pro 8 gig memory 500 GB ssd
T520 W7 Pro 8 GB memory
A31/p XP Pro 1 GB memory
A30/p XP Pro 1 GB memory
TP600 Win 2K 288 mb memory
701C Win 98 Don't ask