thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:27 pm 

I had a friend recently on my recommendation to try ThinkPads purchase an SL500 with fingerprint reader. It came preinstalled with Vista and she asked me to install XP for her. After making sure her recovery media was up to date and ready I formatted the machine and installed XP. Everything so far works perfectly fine and dandy except for one thing. I couldn't find the drivers for the fingerprint reader on Lenovo's website. So in a desperate attempt I loaded my drivers up for my T61 and it accepted them with nary a complaint. Rebooted... and nothing, the fingerprint reader is not detected. I have fingerprint software 5.6 installed and when the system is at the Welcome screen it shows the black bar along the top as normal. However it also says "Please connect the fingerprint reader" and when I attempt enrollment it kicks back with an internal error 1102. The hardware shows up error free in device manager, and I also tried an older version of the software and a newer driver available from UPEK directly.

Any ideas?

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:42 am 

I had same problem with TP SL500 and with fingerprint reader. Problem is in Fingerprint software 5.6. After installation Fingerprint software ver. 5.8.2 for XP problem was solved. But this software is no more on lenovo web sites. Maybe another problem with FP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/128672367/Fingerprint_Software_v5.8.2.4389_WinXP_Vista32.exe.html