Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad R400 with Windows Vista hangs when it goes to sleep

R400/R500 Series
chartmann

ThinkPad R400 with Windows Vista hangs when it goes to sleep

#1 Post by chartmann » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 am

I am having a hang issue with my R400 with Windows Vista 32-bit. I close the lid or after it's power mode causes it sleep, and it goes into sleep. when I open the lid again or move the mouse around, the little icon shows it's not sleeping anymore, but the screen does not turn back on. Pressing any key (including the FN key), moving a mouse, or closing and reopening it will not make the screen turn on. The only way is to hold down the power button until it shuts off, and then turn it on again. Which of course Vista reports as the previous system shutdown was unexpected. I'm also getting an event log message saying it didn't properly go to sleep. For now I set it to never go to sleep and keep the lid open at all times. Any suggestions?

ScottyBoy
Sophomore Member

Re: ThinkPad R400 with Windows Vista hangs when it goes to sleep

#2 Post by ScottyBoy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

For some reason your issue is oddly familiar and I think it was down to an issue with the battery or the BIOS - I've done a couple of quick searches on the usual forums but I honestly can't find the blasted thread that had it listed. :oops:

chartmann

Re: ThinkPad R400 with Windows Vista hangs when it goes to sleep

#3 Post by chartmann » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

this is what I found when searching.
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76954