thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:34 am 
thinkpads.com customer
thinkpads.com customer

OK, I installed my 256GB SSD from my old W510 into my new W510 and all works fine except for two problems.
On my older W510 I would power up with the finger reader but on the new one the light by the finger reader is not lit and does not power up my W510. I have checked the needed boxes in the finger reader set up but it still does not work. I am thinking I need to likely change a setting in the bios to get the sensor to be on when the laptop is off. Any ideas?

The only other problem is that the warranty status is not correct. It shows 895 days left and as I have the 3 year warranty it should be over 1000 days. I think it is showing the days left on the old W510 and truly checking for the new one. It is showing the new laptop serial number. Help if you can.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 pm 

As to the fingerprint reader, yes the settings are in your bios, as to why it got turned off not sure. Just go into the Security settings in the bios and you'll see the one for fingerprint options