thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 The thinkpads support forum is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm 

Hey guys,

Anyone with a W500 experienced battery drain whilst it's off and unplugged? I unplug my laptop when not in use and the battery drains about 15% a day. I know it's not the battery because it used to be in my T60p and was fine there. Machine is running W7 x64 Pro and not in standby.

I've since upgraded to the latest BIOS (7VET94WW) and read somewhere that the switchable graphics might be the issue so I've set it to discrete for now. Also turned off Wake on LAN and 'USB always on' just incase it was that.

Going to leave it for a few days now to see if it's fixed, but was wondering if anyone's had a similar issue and how they fixed it.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:44 pm 

I don't have a W500, but i would suggest to run Windows Update and let it do all suggested updates, and then update the Lenovo drivers.