Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Z60t cannot connect to AirPort Extreme wireless

R30/R40, A30/A31, G40/G50 and Z60/Z61 Series. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
pschoggens

Z60t cannot connect to AirPort Extreme wireless

#1 Post by pschoggens » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 am

So I thinking the first question should be......is the Z60t compatible with the AirPort Extreme wireless router?

I also use a MAC, so thus the AirPort Extreme upgrade from the old router that failed.

I thought the Z60t connected to the AirPort when it was originally installed, but recently my wife started to complain she could not connect to FaceBook, and I also noticed the 7yo grandson stopped asking to use the ThinkPad to access video on UTube, I don't let him use my MAC, so I would not swear to the connection.

So this is what I have done so far: Flipped the little wifi switch off and on, tried using windows and the blue button to connect wirelessly by entering the correct password.

I went into start/run/services.msc/wirelesszeroconfig/ turned the card off and on

Tried uninstalling the driver to the wireless card and updating from Levino support.

Card is working properly, as was before, but is constantly trying to connect to the router.

The ThinkPad wireless LAN adapter software is 11a/b, 11b/g, 11a/b/g.

The AirPort Extreme router is compatible with PCs that use 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g technologies and operates in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands simultaneously.

The ThinkPad will connect by hard wire, looks like it is just having a problem during the handshake of communicating with the router, it sees the router as 54mps and shows 4 bars which is 100% signal.

Look forward to your response

thanks Powell
My first Notebook 8-)

pschoggens

Re: Z60t cannot connect to AirPort Extreme wireless

#2 Post by pschoggens » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:08 am

OK we can close this one......

I hear it will get worse as I get older....but I was using the old linksys password which was incorrect for this new airport extreme :jhem:

The neat thing about the mac is by using the admin password it will allow me to see the wireless password.

What tipped me off you might ask? When the new ThinkPad I just purchased would not connect....I stopped looking at the PC and turned my head to the router.

:idea:
My first Notebook 8-)