thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: r61 startup issue
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:52 am 

Hi,

I have a r61, type 7743, ag6.

It had been working fine until now but suddenly this morning it wont startup at all. On pressing the power button all lights flash normally for 2-3 seconds, but, just before the display should turn on, it turns off completely. Even on pressing power key again, it wont respond in any way unless i remove the battery and replug the power supply.
I have already checked the fan which is rotatng, reseated the RAM but nothing works. This had happened earlier also but then it was intermittent and would correct automatically. Also when it did boot it was fine until i shut down the laptop properly. But this time, it is just not booting up.

Kindly suggest some solution, I really want to avoid a Mobo replacement.

Regards
vibhor

Post subject: Re: r61 startup issue
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:53 pm 

Try this. Pull the battery and the power adapter. Press the power button several times to make sure it's fully discharged. Reconnect the PS WITHOUT the battery, and see if it'll power on. If that works, power down, reinstall the battery and try to power up again.

Other Projects- T60p
Historic ThinkPads- X20, 701c, 760XD

Post subject: Re: r61 startup issue
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm 

Did you ever find a solution? Seems I have the same issue on my T400...

vibhor.sanghi wrote:
Hi,

I have a r61, type 7743, ag6.

It had been working fine until now but suddenly this morning it wont startup at all. On pressing the power button all lights flash normally for 2-3 seconds, but, just before the display should turn on, it turns off completely. Even on pressing power key again, it wont respond in any way unless i remove the battery and replug the power supply.
I have already checked the fan which is rotatng, reseated the RAM but nothing works. This had happened earlier also but then it was intermittent and would correct automatically. Also when it did boot it was fine until i shut down the laptop properly. But this time, it is just not booting up.

Kindly suggest some solution, I really want to avoid a Mobo replacement.

Regards
vibhor