Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Anyone need an R60 Heatsink?

R30/R40, A30/A31, G40/G50 and Z60/Z61 Series. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
jimjamx

Anyone need an R60 Heatsink?

#1 Post by jimjamx » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone is interested in buying a used heatsink/fan combo for a Thinkpad R60? I'm selling very cheap.

It works great -- There is nothing functionally wrong with it.

The fan does make a sound similar to a spinning bicycle wheel, but has no problems with CPU temperature. It does its job. From the sound of it the fan just needs some new bearings or lubrication. But I was too afraid of breaking it to attempt a fix of my own! So I just bought a new one, and now have two! :P

Its in working condition, but I would consider it "For Parts" or "Needs Repair" since it has the noise. I was gonna put it up on Ebay, but couldn't find any similar listings. I'd just lose money if no one bought it. So I'm asking if anyone is interested.

I'll put it up for $5, or best offer. I'll even give you the extra thermal paste I have, if you need it.

If you live in my area, I'll even give it away for free! I just want to see it put to good use. I don't want to throw it away. :(

(I did read the rules about selling stuff on here, and I hope that this is ok. If not, please tell me and I'll remove the topic. I'm not looking for profit. Just trying to help recycle some spare thinkpad parts.)
Thinkpads are pretty cool machines.