Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T500 and beeps

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
thinkpad1

T500 and beeps

#1 Post by thinkpad1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi,
I am just trying to find something out for a T500 owner (not me). It's mostly my curiosity and I want to help in case there are any problems.

I was trying the laptop out and it suddenly had a bunch of beeps when you pressed keys. Only when you pressed a key, though. It was frozen as nothing would happen but the beeps. This is after waking it up from a sleep state. I am not sure if the suspend/sleep is working though because I have to hold down the power button and then the screen changes from the black to the windows log-in screen. But, this time, it came back but the beeping situation.

I had to power off and then on (for reboot) to have a working computer. But, after it restarted, I got the 'Windows did not shut down / restart normally' and then the options to continue normally or choose others such as 'Safe Mode.' I chose to continue the normal boot and it was ok after that.

Is there anything to worry about? I tried googling to see if there is any discussion about such a state but all I could find is beep codes but I'm not sure that is covered (beeping only when pressing keys).

I noticed no one replied to my other post (recently) so I'm a bit concerned. I hope I'll have a bit more luck this time.

The computer is pretty good otherwise. I wish I'd have $300 as I'd like to get a T500 or T400 as that is what they go for here.